When will Ptcl LAunch Evdo

when will they start service is dat in there plan any 1 have ideaa

coz u can use everywhere just usb modem its grt yara

we can wait wait and wait its upto them.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

when will they start service is dat in there plan any 1 have ideaa

coz u can use everywhere just usb modem its grt yara

[/quote]

It is very highly unlikely that they will jump in to this market. Because launching EV-DO requires deployment of CDMA technology which is entirely a different technology that PTCL currently has. So in simple terms, all they can offer has to be on through wires.

Hope it helps!

^ the network that PTCLs Vfone runs on is CDMA :P

Oh yes... that's good. :) I almost forgot VPTCL while replying.

Isn't it in the testing phase...

Nope.... vPTCL is for real and running but they don't have much bigger subscriber base and I also remember that it was heard that vPTCL signals are weak in most areas and its Internet works just like traditional PTCL Internet on dial-up.

Isn’t it in the testing phase…
[/quote]

not at allllllllll

Nope… vPTCL is for real and running but they don’t have much bigger subscriber base and I also remember that it was heard that vPTCL signals are weak in most areas and its Internet works just like traditional PTCL Internet on dial-up.
[/quote]

V is much better than dial up

VPTCL had launched EvDO even before Worldcall. Yes it is in service 8 months back but with very very small client base. Major reasons why friends are unaware about its service is they have launched it on Rev 0, this means U/L 153Kbps and D/L 2.5Mbps. In Rev O, QoS is not possible which means package designing 256, 512, 1Mbps is not possible. Roaming is not possible. Coverage is limited to <30% BTS.

Finally they have only and only PCMCI cards (only laptop users can get this service).

VPTCL had launched EvDO even before Worldcall. Yes it is in service 8 months back but with very very small client base. Major reasons why friends are unaware about its service is they have launched it on Rev 0, this means U/L 153Kbps and D/L 2.5Mbps. In Rev O, QoS is not possible which means package designing 256, 512, 1Mbps is not possible. Roaming is not possible. Coverage is limited to <30% BTS.

Finally they have only and only PCMCI cards (only laptop users can get this service).

[/quote]

So what is the maximum speed on can get on Worldcall evdo ?

Please can you elaborate what you mean by Coverage is limited to <30% BTS ?

^Yeah the trials are running people have reported to be getting speeds above 1 mbps

http://groups.google.com/group/telecom-grid-pakistan/browse_thread/thread/733c2e9f1eb792d3/e041594a47494af4?lnk=gst&q=ptcl+evdo#

but but but they are only trial connections

So what is the maximum speed on can get on Worldcall evdo ?

Please can you elaborate what you mean by Coverage is limited to <30% BTS ?

[/quote]

Dear mtaqnu

Worldcall or any other EvDO Rev A modem supports 3.1Mbps D/L and 1.8Mbps U/L. But normally packages are designed according to the market demands. In Rev A, QoS can be implemented which means 256Kbps, 512Kbps and 1Mbps capping is implemented. In CDMA normally users get more than capping this means in 256Kbps users get approx 400Kbps in offpeak hours and so on.

Coverage: Let say VPTCL have 100 sites but EvDO is available only on 30 sites.

I think the PTCL Evdo is already launched!

I think the PTCL Evdo is already launched!
[/quote]

Yup it has been launched even in Usb form also … I am using it right now … in karachi

Thanks

is ptcl evdo available in sargodha?

is ptcl evdo available in sargodha?
[/quote]

Right now its available in Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad and Mir Pur (Azad Kashmir)

Thanks