When will i use 3.5G network in Pakistan

any idea about that any mobile company in future?

We are all waiting for 3g Technology in pakistan

3.5g... Ha ha ha, lets first hope & wait for 3g.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

We are all waiting for 3g Technology in pakistan
[/quote]

i used that technology in kuwait its amazing 6 MB song toke 9 seconds to download amazing TV picture quality like HD and 3.5G make video calls like person front of yours we should ask to mobilink bring that technology in our areas…my friend using 4G beyond 3G in UK

when the world will have 6g, we'll have 3.5g, we dont even have edge here except for major cities(except telenor) i'm still waiting for edge,

Pakistan don't even have 3G and you are asking for 3.5G :P

By the way, some people call WiMAX and EVDO as 3.5G or 4G or Pre-4G. But that's a different argument.

P.S. What is 6G? :lol: Where is it being in use? :lol:

i mean when 6g will be invented and be used all over the world, pakistan will still be behind rest of the world, stuck on 3.5g, just like there is 4g being used in other countries and we're stuck on 2g

i mean when 6g will be invented and be used all over the world, pakistan will still be behind rest of the world, stuck on 3.5g, just like there is 4g being used in other countries and we’re stuck on 2g
[/quote]

I think when world, especially Japan, will be at something like 12G or something, and we’ll be debating whether 4G is even good for common Pakistanis or not. :(

Lol dont expect 3g until 2015 comes.

i hav used 3g network for video calling in abu dhabi

And still people want IPhone 3g instead of simple Iphone :D

And still people want IPhone 3g instead of simple Iphone :D
[/quote]

this is called future planning :D

i think there isnt need of any 3g stuff here in Pakistan , that service is very expensive to install and i bet 90% of mobile users in Pakistan dont know a bit about that and they will never use that , that would be a loss for any company spending millions to setup that . beside that it will ruin the social life of youth specially the teenagers ....

Yah corect, most common peoples do know much abt gprs stuff,even one of my friend who using gprs since 1yr have no idea abt 3g,they think that its just only for video calling :D then i know how i explain him thats its a mobile broadband technology,which minimum download speed 100kbps

beside that it will ruin the social life of youth specially the teenagers …
[/quote]

I thought internet, IRC, instant messengers, YouTube, cellphones, SMS had already did that :P

What a shame,a country like Sri Lanka (forever war zone) have 3G network, Pakistan is 100s time better than that country in every field but why not this technology?

What a shame,a country like Sri Lanka (forever war zone) have 3G network, Pakistan is 100s time better than that country in every field but why not this technology?
[/quote]

I don’t think so, Sri Lanka has literacy rate of 92%, and 83% of the total population having had Secondary Education. Compare that to Pakistan. Minus the terrorism from Sri Lanka and Pakistan, Sri Lanka can easily beat us. What a shame :confused:

i think there isnt need of any 3g stuff here in Pakistan , that service is very expensive to install and i bet 90% of mobile users in Pakistan dont know a bit about that and they will never use that , that would be a loss for any company spending millions to setup that . beside that it will ruin the social life of youth specially the teenagers …
[/quote]

I think you’re right. Most of the pakistanis are noobs and boobs, so that its really not a good idea to launch 3g in pakistan.

People like us, who need high speed internet everywhere can use EVDO.

3G is useless in Pakistan. Its better to invest that money somewhere else. Half the population here doesnt even have cellphones that have GPRS, and the other half, 90% of them have minimal GPRS usage.

If people doesn't know something or currently doesn't have need for something then this doesn't give the logic not to provide that thing.

People before Islam, in Jahaliya times didn't know about Islam and didn't need it but that didn't mean that Allah didn't gave them information of Islam. Or did Allah need to wait that more than 50% of Jahaliya-time people need to ask for Islam? Stupid logic IMHO.

If we want to walk with pace of world in technology and if we want to progress with same speed as other parts of developing nations are progressing then we need to embrace new technology as soon as possible (if we can't make new technology ourselves).

Otherwise, we'll always "follow" and never will "lead". :(