Whatz the price of dlink dsl wireless router modem

i want to buy a dlink dsl wireless router modem. can any please tell me the price of it

Galaxy Computers

DI-524 DLINK ROUTER POINT Rs. 3300

DWL-G700AP DLINK ACCESS POINT Rs. 3500

DWL-G730AP DLINK POCKET ROUTER/ACCESS POINT Rs. 4500

WRT-54G LINKSYS WIRELESS-G BROADBAND ROUTER Rs. 3750

WAP-54G LINKSYS WIRELESS-G ACCESS POINT Rs. 5600

I will recommend 4 US Robotics.

to me the best router is the linksys WRT54G

coz it is probably the most hackable router and u can install stuff like DD-WRT which brings even more cabablities to the router

But does the WRT54G have a DSL port?

DSL port???

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

But does the WRT54G have a DSL port?
[/quote]

You mean the port where you stick in the DSL connection right? Of course - its a DSL router.

Hmmm. I downloaded it's data sheet file from the website and it didn't mention anything about a DSL port. I guess we need an extra DSL modem to plug in the WRT54G, right?

Hmmm. I downloaded it’s data sheet file from the website and it didn’t mention anything about a DSL port. I guess we need an extra DSL modem to plug in the WRT54G, right?
[/quote]

yes that is true the WRT 54G has a wan port in which u plug in ur modem

why does it suck even if it does not have direct dsl capablitly the wan port is there to ensure universal interoperability meanin u can use the router with any internet connection u have be it dsl cable wimax or whatever

[/quote]

I was under the impression that if you bought that then there was no need to use whatever the ISP gave you :)

I was under the impression that if you bought that then there was no need to use whatever the ISP gave you :)
[/quote]

oh sorry about that

Basically, some modems have built in Wifi.

Okey i dont get it. Dont all modem have wan ports? I dont think there's anything called a DSL port? The setup is the same as if without a router the only thing that changes is that the lan wire you connect from your modem to your PC's lan port doesnt go to the computers lan card instead goes in the router's wan port which i think every router has by the way. And then another wire from the router connects the PC's lan.

Okey i dont get it. Dont all modem have wan ports? I dont think there’s anything called a DSL port? The setup is the same as if without a router the only thing that changes is that the lan wire you connect from your modem to your PC’s lan port doesnt go to the computers lan card instead goes in the router’s wan port which i think every router has by the way. And then another wire from the router connects the PC’s lan.
[/quote]

what wzub wants is a modem/router combo

meanin that the phone line connects directly into the router and then the internet can be used with the wifi of the router/modem instead of buyin a seperate modem and a seperate router

what wzub wants is a modem/router combo

meanin that the phone line connects directly into the router and then the internet can be used with the wifi of the router/modem instead of buyin a seperate modem and a seperate router

[/quote]

Yes!

I think the modem/router combo would be better since you have to have only one device for the network.

Btw, I didn't see any product on the DLink website with a WAN/ADSL/DSL port!

Oh okey. Now i get it.

But most dsl providers already give a DSL modem anyway so if you buy a modem+router it doesnt really make sense as you already got a modem. Also i think LDN gives modem+router if you give them extra money. Also so does CYBERDSL.