Whats your startup time!? before and after! (soluto)

so, like everyone, startup times are a problem, but after searching for ever for a program like this, i have finally found it, and it's FREE!

the main thing i wanted was a program that spaced out the startup programs so it would load faster, this seems to do something similar, it tells you everything that starts up, and you can stop it, or delay it, and it tells you how long each thing takes to load!

the things that are delayed load up about 30 seconds after everything is usable.

it's called Soluto

http://www.soluto.com/

and i cant believe it hasn't been mentioned on hear yet (i searched but found nothing)

startups were first 3 minutes and 11 seconds, now 2 minutes and 30.

tell me what you think of the program, and what your startup times are before and after!

3 minutes and 11 seconds with this configuration OMG :rolleyes: what do you have in your startup.

Do you have got any SSD drive ? It will improve you start up a lot.

Still 2 minutes and 30 seconds!!!!!!!!!!

OMG i can't wait more than 20 sec!

^ YOu must've too much crap loaded at system startup. Use tuneup utilities 2011. Your startup will be under a minute. It takes 30 seconds for my machine to cold boot to the desktop. I have a core i5 setup.

Get Linux, forget about start-up time problems.

Roguekiller is obviously a spam bot. Don't install that program he is talking about. For all you know its spyware.

^ I did check it out the software is genuine. It has been reviewed by some credible sites. Mine 3:38 reduced to 3:32 by manual. 67 reduced to 59

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Roguekiller is obviously a spam bot. Don’t install that program he is talking about. For all you know its spyware.
[/quote]

i’m not a spam bot, you can check it or google it all you want, theres not spam or spyware on it. if you dont want to use it then dont, wait for other people to use and say what it’s like if you think it’s some kind of spam.

well why not simply hibernate ? I rarely (shutdown/restart) and that too only when its needed because of some software installation or windows updates etc.

and I find hibernating faster than shutting down, and resuming alot faster than starting.

having such high specs I assume you would definitely have a UPS too

takes about 4-5 minutes to hibernate because it's 6GB's of ram, and it takes about 3 to start up, i only turn it off at night before i sleep, so it's quicker to just shut down and start up.

well why not simply hibernate ? I rarely (shutdown/restart) and that too only when its needed because of some software installation or windows updates etc.

and I find hibernating faster than shutting down, and resuming alot faster than starting.

having such high specs I assume you would definitely have a UPS too

[/quote]

i did used to do it, but don’t know I why I left.it. It was my default option. You can change the default power option by these steps.

* Right click on the “taskbar”.

* Select “Properties”.

* Select “Start menu”.

* Change “Power Button action” to “Hibernate”.

^ You seriously think that this software is going to help. The first step to a reduction in boot time is to axe your startup programs list. That's one of the biggest and major culprit in long boot times. I've like only 3 items running on startup. Windows 7 64 bit loads under 30 seconds.

You can also read more on these sources:

LifeHacker:

http://lifehacker.com/5561303/soluto-is-an-awesome-tool-to-speed-up-your-system-boot-fix-system-slowdowns

ZDNet:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/can-soluto-really-make-pcs-less-frustrating/2164

PCWorld: http://www.pcworld.com/article/197095/soluto_utility_shrinks_pc_boot_times_fixes_problems.html

^ You seriously think that this software is going to help. The first step to a reduction in boot time is to axe your startup programs list. That’s one of the biggest and major culprit in long boot times. I’ve like only 3 items running on startup. Windows 7 64 bit loads under 30 seconds.
[/quote]

it does the same thing in it own way. I already have many software removed from msconfig. Saluto just give you the exact time which each software consumes. What are you system spec?

Core i5 750

P7P55D

4GB DDR3

500GB Black ed

don't use msconfig. Instead use the preferences from the software's option themselves and disable "auto startup on windows boot" option from each one of them. This is the permanent solution, which will not reenable itself, unlike msconfig.

With these system spec your system should load in under 30 seconds. And if you add a SSD as you C: drive you startup time might be reduced to 18 sec.