Whats wrong with my pc?

i do acknowledge that the latest versions of drivers must be installed bt something otherway round is going on with ma PC.

today as soon as i logged on into the windows, the pc got restarted and after restarting the pc got stuck or halted when the first screen appeared on my monitor and nothing was responding, not even keyboard...

i restarted my computer many times manually bt all in vain.

then i pulled out my 1 GB CORSAIR ram from the mobo. it was hot and when i reinserted the ram in the slot, the pc started working normally.

whats all this happening?

can anybdy tell me?

this was my previous post i wrote in some other topic.

something is going on with my pc also.

sometimes while loading windows and sometimes while beimg logged into windows, a dark blue screen is visible on the monitor.nothing works after it and when i reboot my pc manually, the error report in the windows states "The system has recovered from a serios error."

when the blue screen comes mostly at the bottm ati2dvag.dll is written and today right now just before my signing in, the error came and written on the blue screen was the name of the file ntfs.sys

i have recently bought my new rig with XFX motherboard and i have also installed MSI RX 3870 512mb of graphics card.

can gaphics card drivers nt b the cause of this error.? bcoz i m facing this vry prob mostly in xp instead of viasta as both of them r in my use.

plz help me solve this prob.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i do acknowledge that the latest versions of drivers must be installed bt something otherway round is going on with ma PC.

today as soon as i logged on into the windows, the pc got restarted and after restarting the pc got stuck or halted when the first screen appeared on my monitor and nothing was responding, not even keyboard…

i restarted my computer many times manually bt all in vain.

then i pulled out my 1 GB CORSAIR ram from the mobo. it was hot and when i reinserted the ram in the slot, the pc started working normally.

whats all this happening?

can anybdy tell me?

[/quote]

probably garbage in ram!

clean the ram (the yellow part that goes into the slot) with an pencil eraser

if the BSOD is pointing to ati2dvag.dll, i suspect it might be an issue with ur video driver. Try updating ur video driver to the latest version or rolling back to a previous version if you've got the latest version installed.

about the ntfs.sys, i'm not sure. probably something to do with ur HDD/file sys

if the BSOD is pointing to ati2dvag.dll, i suspect it might be an issue with ur video driver. Try updating ur video driver to the latest version or rolling back to a previous version if you’ve got the latest version installed.

about the ntfs.sys, i’m not sure. probably something to do with ur HDD/file sys

[/quote]

yes it means its the ati video driver and maybe the ntfs.sys problem is happening because of the conflict between those two files

its happen 2 me couple of times once i also cleaned the rams and other time i had to clean my graphics card. as saad said it have to be dust or somethin....

its happen 2 me couple of times once i also cleaned the rams and other time i had to clean my graphics card. as saad said it have to be dust or somethin…
[/quote]

Thats strange to me. I don’t think dust can get between contacts of already inserted RAM.

Thats strange to me. I don’t think dust can get between contacts of already inserted RAM.

[/quote]

it happens!

bt i cleaned the ram many a time bt whenever it reboots i have to plug out the ram and insert it again..

whats all this?

my mobo is from XFX.

is this brand good enough to bear all the rough use at such a high temp in pakistan.?

my friend told me that MSI is better than XFX. is it so?

another query is that is there any software which can tell that a certain fault occured due to a specific hardware problem?

for example if the pc restarts itself due to its reaching the max temp limit then the software should tell that it was temp hike due to which the pc restarted.

When you have electricity running through copper contacts

(resulting in elevated temperatures) like the one on the ends

of cards that go into your PCI/AGP slots, then over time, the

copper combines with Oxygen and gets oxidized. The resultant

CuO accumulates on the surface in the shape of a dark brown

powdery residue.

Since it has a higher resistance to electricity than metals that's

why electronic things will start to malfunction.

I usually use the mildest raigmaal (they come in numbers of

abrasiveness) and scrape it off... gently. Never used pencil

erasers. Will try it next time. ;)

Sheikh 'OHM Shanti' Chilli

yes thats all true bt the point to b noted iz that i have been using the graphics card alongwith my pc nt for years.it is on less than a month ago that i bought this rig.

As far as i can judge, i think it is the temperature elevation bcoz pcs dont restart of their own the way this vry pc is doing..

Also i think XFX iz the worst brand as far as mobo manufacturing is concerned.

i have been using intel mobos for the last 7 years bt their was no complain and still that iz working well.now this mobo is malfunctioning in its vry beginning....

how contradictory.!

now i will call the vendor from whom i bought it and will say him to exhange this mobo with a new one of intel..

but the prob is that he will ask what the prob was.Bt unfortunately when the pc restarts, i dont know why it reatarted coz it is restarting of its own.

now if the warranty is claimed then he will say that they will check it in their shop and if it is working then no claim of warranty..

can anyone tell me how to tackle this situation.

A BLESSINGS FROM BILL GATES............... ENJOY MA FRIEND,

Bill Gates was in a Press Conference, launching of Newly Produced Windows Vista,,, ...

A person came over and said , Gates i have licensed copy of Windows 98, but still sometimes screens appear that hangs ma pc , blue , black white,,, .. whats da reason??

Gates,,, after taking a deep breath,,, replied

Ahh,,, i c, we understand the issues in Windows 98, and i still think some bugs are left behind for which we try to remove shortly,,,,

SO,,, ITS WINDOWS bro,,

Legend which processor you are using ? It may be the processor which is overheating make sure your processor fan is perfectly installed, go to bios & check there processor temperature & which XFX motherboard you are using? The other reason for restarting PC is low watts power supply when it is used with graphic card, how many watts power supply u r using? Don't buy intel mobo, my friend has intel G33 chipset mobo & brother believe me it chip was so hot the i couldn't touch it, go with Asus high quality motherboard manufacturer i will recommend u to buy Asus P5Q motherboard.