Whats the procedure for missing person

if someone goes missing in Pakistan, under suspicious circumstances, what is the procedure, what do you do?

hmm... i have a feeling this thread will become controversial and get closed.

well i just need the info and dont know were else to look, my uncles gone missing, and has been for a while, the whole thing is quite suspicious and is leaning towards a kidnaping or something simular rather then him just going off. so was just wondering what the procedure is to find him, who do you report it to, what is done?

if your uncle has British national then you consult to uk embassy for recovery they will put pressure on pak govt to recover your uncle but if your uncle only conman Pakistani citizen then there is no hope because already thousands missing and no any single recovered yet

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

if someone goes missing in Pakistan, under suspicious circumstances, what is the procedure, what do you do?
[/quote]

Google MAPS on a GPS enabled device wont let that happen .

The simplest procedure file a Missing person report in your nearest Police Station.

^ + consult a lawyer.

^^Ditto,

get a FIR immediately, and call on any relatives which are in the govt including police, army, and air/shipping customs officer.

Of course there is the issue of tangling with political parties. These guys call their police cronies from the interior regions and pick up people from cities forcibly without warrant, and take them back to the interior.

Maybe ur uncle flee away from home because of distress. Try checking his call logs from the telecom company of his sim card.

Out of context but once i heard this story on FM 105 in the Late night horror show that a guy's brother got kidnapped by fairies at chaand raat when he was sleeping on the roof. Everything was there even the guys chappal and blanket, but he was missing. First they thought he was kidnapped, but then fairies came in the dream of that missing guy's mother telling her that her child is with them and is safe and happy. Moreover she should stop crying about him as he feels sorrow shen she cries. I know this sounds awkward but plausible. o_O

Maybe your uncle was kidnapped by fairies .. It's getting common in Pakistan :D

it's all a real nightmare because the first thing i would have throught to do was to see if mobile phone coverage, were it was logged and on which phone masts,

the problem is that he's from a very small village, not even sure he had a phone but going to find out. he was awarded which a huge settlement because of the Mangla dam expantion program that is going on near Mirpur. he tried to invest the money but was stupid about it and got scammed, so got the police involved, after almost a year of him reporting this he goes missing. so i dont think it takes an expert to know what could have happend, by whome and were he could be.

so being that he's not really that important, he's from a very small village i dont think he's going to be on the top of any lists to find him.

Its really a pain when some of your relative is missing.

First lodge FIR, then check hospitals and edhi centers etc. Try to get help from some person in any law enforcement agency.

Check things which are missing with your uncle (if there is any traceable thing like ATM card go to their bank and inquire about any transaction.)

Lastly keep praying, you cant do anything else in this situation.

Its really a pain when some of your relative is missing.

First lodge FIR, then check hospitals and edhi centers etc. Try to get help from some person in any law enforcement agency.

Check things which are missing with your uncle (if there is any traceable thing like ATM card go to their bank and inquire about any transaction.)

Lastly keep praying, you cant do anything else in this situation.

[/quote]

in US after filling missing person police report it becomes 100% responsibility of Police to do all the other work which you have mentioned after FIR.

Man, this is so sad. Its too painful . Wait kills you...

Pray and use your fullcontacts

in US after filling missing person police report it becomes 100% responsibility of Police to do all the other work which you have mentioned after FIR.

[/quote]

Yes you are right, but its Pakistan, no one take responsibility here. I experienced it myself.

we only can do pray for your uncle may Allah saves him and bring back to home

just an update, as i've just heard that he's been found alive, cant say were though, havnt a clue on his condition as yet, but he has been found and is going into hiding.

not even sure if it was the police who found him as yet because i have heard that someone else found him

was he in any religious organization, or political??

was he in any religious organization, or political??
[/quote]

nope, he was just a villageer/farmer, he came into a lot of money because of this mungla dam expantion, stupidly invested it in someone’s buisness and they just ripped him off.