What was the toughest game you ever played?

Mine were:

Nintendo ----> Contra

PC ----> Age of Empires - The Age of Kings (Some campaigns are very difficult to beat on the hard setting)

The first Prince of Persia on Sega, we used to hear rumors that a cousin of a brother of a friend of a friend ended the game.

I can't say that any game was totally difficult but some parts missions. I have 3 names:

1.I remember Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines mission number 15. Where we had to assassinate a general, real tough one. And Commondos: Destination berlin also had some difficult missions.

2. Strong hold crusaders, when playing crusaders trial, missions after 30 are tough. Also it is the most time consuming game in my gaming experience.

3. Tenchu. I've spent more than 20 days playing it, man it is hard.

Strider2 on the Sega Mega Drive

All Gradius type shooter games

Dino Crises 2 was very hard but very rewarding and satisfying. We couldn't complete it without help on the location of a few objects that we had to find in a jungle full of dinosaurs. Without help it was literally impossible. But that game was just something else. You guys should try it. Check out the intro, blew us siblings away the first time we saw it:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I can’t say that any game was totally difficult but some parts missions. I have 3 names:

1.I remember Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines mission number 15. Where we had to assassinate a general, real tough one. And Commondos: Destination berlin also had some difficult missions.

2. Strong hold crusaders, when playing crusaders trial, missions after 30 are tough. Also it is the most time consuming game in my gaming experience.

3. Tenchu. I’ve spent more than 20 days playing it, man it is hard.

[/quote]

Strong hold crusaders could take 2-3 days just to finish a single mission and at times even 4-5 days.

Commondos: Destination berlin was easier then the previous ones.

X3 series

Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos

Monkey Island 2 : Lechuck's Revenge

It took me ages to actually finish that game.

^I would consider that as time consuming not difficult.

snake 2 on my phone its toughest game i am not joking seriously

Monkey Island 2 : Lechuck’s Revenge

It took me ages to actually finish that game.

[/quote]

Monkey Island games are very difficult. I played the fourth game (which was 3D) in this series called “Escape from Monkey Island”. You have to be like Sherlock Holmes to beat this game. :D. It requires a lot of thinking and deduction to work out how to do certain things. Very enjoyable though.

Commondos: Destination berlin was easier then the previous ones.

[/quote]

Nah man no way. Destination Berlin was so difficult that I couldn’t even complete a single mission. Commandos 1 and 2 were difficult alright but I completed every mission. Destination Berlin on the other hand, was literally impossible to play for me. :(

Monkey Island games are very difficult. I played the last game (which was 3D) in this series called “Escape from Monkey Island”. You have to be like Sherlock Holmes to beat this game. :D. It requires a lot of thinking and deduction to work out how to do certain things. Very enjoyable though.

[/quote]

Its a puzzle game and a very humorous one indeed. You can adjust the difficulty, but it wouldnt be much fun.

^I would consider that as time consuming not difficult.
[/quote]

The game play was not long but the irritating yet so enjoyable puzzles made it that long. I played that game in the early 90’s I was a school kid back then and the thing that we know it as the ‘internet’ was not available at that time, hence no cheats or walkthroughs to look for :D

I played the last game (which was 3D) in this series called “Escape from Monkey Island”.
[/quote]

It wasnt the last game in the series, it was the fourth. The latest is “Tales of Monkey Island”.

It wasnt the last game in the series, it was the fourth. The latest is “Tales of Monkey Island”.

[/quote]

Oh. Thanks. Post corrected now. :) . I have played the last one as well but its not as fun as the “Escape from Monkey Island” since its in the form of an episodic game. I played its first episode but lost interest then.

The game play was not long but the irritating yet so enjoyable puzzles made it that long. I played that game in the early 90’s I was a school kid back then and the thing that we know it as the ‘internet’ was not available at that time, hence no cheats or walkthroughs to look for :D

[/quote]

You are considering that i’ve played it with using walkthroughs? Well I’ve played it without any cheats or walkthroughs. :)

I consider it against dignity and honour to play a game with cheats at first time :P

--

^???

The game is damn scary but I wouldnt say it was difficult

warfare rts game,no doubt about it, this game is notorious for its difficulty level that many gamers can't play this game on normal level. But i have end this game after many days strugle.