What was the last movie you watched?

All is Lost

Top acting and a great movie overall, though you need to have a taste for slow paced movies to really enjoy this , 8.5/10

Sleepy Hollow

One of my favourites since child hood , A must watch movie. 8/10

Watched too many movies in last few days but wasn't in the mood to write a review! B)

Watched:

Transformers Age of Extinction (2014) 5/10

I think the writer/producer is not getting new ideas to what to do with the story and it is getting uselessly long.

My Life Without Me (2003)

There is a very Spanish-director-mafia feel to this film (if you've watched Biutiful you will know what I mean). There is definitely a lot of space for this film to fall flat, but the acting is so good, the plot is secondary to the characters. But I can't ignore the amoral, if not immoral, agenda the audience is asked to condone and even condole.

2.75 stars (out of 4)

The Saint of Fort Washington (1993)
Another picture driven by strong performances. New York City shows a different side of itself in a worthy supporting role, not its usual Manhattan glamour. It drew me in, I was curious to know where these rough sleepers shower, and all those other details which the film glosses over. I often see the mentally ill and drug addicts in Karachi, how can you miss them on the streets - there always seem to be more of them. I look at the rough sleepers settling in for the night, and yes, I grumble why all the displaced of the country and the region drain into Karachi as if it were a gutter. It is true that non-Westerners are lesser human beings, worth less than fairer skinned counterparts, and it is true also for the destitute and deprived of all societies. Homelessness is even more embarrassing an issue here than in richer countries. I have wondered why we hurry along and never even spare a thought. The film shines a light on humanity where so many of us pretend no humanity exists. This is one to watch if you are feeling depressed at how little life has done for you or how unfairly you have been treated.

3 stars (out of 4)

The Edge Of Tomorrow [2014]

A breath of fresh air in this year's somewhat lackluster lineup of AAA movies. I was almost expecting this movie to be a similar play of Cruise's previous Sci-Fi "Oblivion", but I was glad to be proven wrong. The movie relied quite a bit on a mechanic quite heavily used by games of today "reload/ continue/ restart". While the concept in itself is simple, the execution of this concept in the movie was brilliant to say the least. Never even once did I felt bored or dragged throughout the 113 mins duration of the movie. It was quite refreshing to see Cruise grow from a total wuss of a character to a battle hardened veteran by the time the movie ends. Though I'm a little bit baffled by the ending, and feel that the ending would've been more powerful if they ended right after

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Blunt's character sacrificed herself to buy Cage some time to detonate the Omega. The emotional impact would've bee a whole lot greater, if they kept both of them dead.

[/quote]

Alas, Hollywood isn't known for pulling the unexpected and I can't blame them. Overall, I enjoyed this movie after a long break. I hadn't watched a movie since my double-take of GodZilla/Xmen: Days of Future Past back in May 2014.

My most anticipated movie of this year, however, remains Christopher Nolan's Interstellar, and I'm looking forward to seeing it in IMAX HD hopefully when it releases in November :D

For Edge Of Tomorrow, I'd gladly give it a 9.0/10

Peace

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014) 6/10

The counjuring ;)

^Cool story bro. Tell it again.

The Homesman (2014)

8/10 - This one is a nice peace of art. It's a simple story but with powerful performances & a good message. The cinematography & art direction is superb. Well if you like western movies than this should be on your watch list anyway.

22 Jump Street (2014)

8/10 - It's uses the same idea as Hangover 2 (to reuse the same plot of the first movie with new jokes) & it works here too. The movie is pretty funny, there are some lame moments, but overall the jokes are great. It's immature & stupid though, so not for everyone. Watch it if you liked the first one.

P.S. Make sure you watch the pre-credits. They're pretty hilarious.

P.P.S. Another sequel inbound.

^I didn't like the first one: I had actually watched episodes of the TV show - Depp was intense man, he was so complicated like. Must have been before he lost his hyman and chilled out. A far FAR better (if head off, just fun is the plan) flick about someone "undercover" in high school is Hiding Out (1987).

Hollywood seems bent on ruining everything. I can almost smell a Simon&Simon v Cagney&Lacey:TNG franchise.

Killers (2010) --- Awesome Movie. 8/10

Combination of Action, Comedy and Romance is always great.

Watched these TV Series on NetFlix and Amazon Prime and highly recommended to all

1. Blacklist season 1: 5/5

2. 24 Live another day 5/5

3. Suits season 1 (5/5)

4. Prison Break 4 season (5/5)

The Comics by Arsalan review of aik villian was great..

Krissh 3 review was even better..

LMAO..:D

Knight and Day (2010) 8/10

Clear and Present Danger (1994) 7/10

Watched:

The Signal (2014) 7/10

it was an interesting movie, didn't expect the kind of ending it had. Must watch.

Think like a man too.. 7/10

Kevin hart is epic comedian.. too bad he is only 80% as good an actor..

the movie is slow, and a comedy chick flick... suitable for audience like upsilon and faisal..

Kick (2014)

* ^ That just happens to be the most 'exciting' part of the movie.

6/10 - I'm not sure what to rate it, it was the typical '12-masale' bolly movie with a tacky plot. The comedy was the cheap kind, action was passive, plot was watch and forget type... Honestly there wasn't much to this movie (which is not that uncommon with Salman's movies). The good parts would be some of the songs, an an emotional scene near the end.

P.S. Nargis Fakhri is hot.

P.P.S. Yes i gave it a 6 instead of a 5 for that ^ song alone. :-p

Adore (2013) Is incest for the lazy or the intrepid? There is only fake-incest here, the kind that involves MILFs, and not the Moro kind. I liked the cinematography, and certain shots reminded me of a much better movie. But for such a scandalously brave topic, the movie drags and is often boring. The characters are not very interesting. But it is nice to look at. It must be fun to live in a beautiful spot in a developed country, be free from money problems, white, able and willing, know what's right but be young enough not to choose it. But so what!

2 stars (out of 4)

Barney's Version (2010) Oh Barney, out of his purple shell. in a beanie, playing the poor little rich Jew. Giamatti is in fine form here. This is the much better movie I referred to in my review of Adore. Textured, well directed, well acted, rich characters, a story well sold. I care, even though I am nothing like the people on the screen, I dream I will one day get knee deep in what Barney's having. I'd Pike some of that.

3 stars (out of 4)

The Veteran (2011) It is 2014 and it would not surprise me if the film's didactic nous is still news to some. Although, even 10 years after the the invasion of Afghanistan, it was clear many could see through the ruse, but what would anyone ever do to change things? I like Toby Kebbell's portrayal of a wounded but still very functional war hero. I didn't like the pacing or the staid earnestness which don't mix well with the realism to which the director aspires. Incidentally, Shooter made the point more clearly, and a few years earlier.

2 stars (out of 4)

Watched:

coherence (2014) 6/10

The idea was good, but a little bit like +1 (2012) the movie on the over all was not that good it could've been way

better with better direction. The best part of it was that it makes you keep guessing what will happen next. and it

keeps on going against what you guessed. The twists are good, and a one or two big names in acting would've

just made it much cooler. As viewers nowadays follow few names from the acting industry.

Trasformers : age of extinction 9.5/10

MOVIE OF THE YEAR. the best movie since the original

Xmen : days of future past 8.5/10.

solid movie, all loopholes were fixed.. best part is the trailer of next movie. Awesome.