What was the last booK you read?

Hey guys similiar to the "the last movie" thread. I am starting a new book thread for all book lovers.

I just finished the book "A journey to the centre of the earth" by Jules Verne. Although it is a well known classic i had never read it before. Its a great short book. Overall I liked it and I would highly recommend it.

Nice idea but...

I disagree to your idea of rating a book, that is disgusting. Never ever ever ever......ever.....ever try to evaluate a friend.

Anyway yesterday i read "Talaash" by Mumtaz mufti for the hundredth time or more.

^ That's alright but until you rate it would people know if they should read that book or not? Okay we'll make this simple. You can either like a book ot dislike it. I have updated my first post to reflect it.

A few of the books i read before starting this post and liked them very much:

- The Last lecture by Randy Pausch

- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

- The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury

PMBOK - 4th Edition

At times interesting and at times boring book. But for me it was must to read so I read it twice from start to finish.

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:4, topic:17945”]

- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

[/quote]Then you should watch the movie. I haven’t read the book, but the movie was

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:2, topic:17945”]

Nice idea but…

I disagree to your idea of rating a book, that is disgusting. Never ever ever ever…ever…ever try to evaluate a friend.

Anyway yesterday i read “Talaash” by Mumtaz mufti for the hundredth time or more.

[/quote]

Why is it disgusting???

Amazon does it. B&N does it. Goodreads does it.

anyway here are mine.

A clash of Kings by George R.R Martin. 8/10.

End of Eternity by Isaac Asimov. 8/10.

Red them both side by side.

An Unlikely Duchess by Mary Balogh 9/10

If you like medical dramas in which people die due to plague or virus then read Robin Cook

If you like law based stories then read John Grisham.

If you like action, thriller and adventure then read James Hadley Chase, most of his novels were made into movies..

If you like supernatural and horror novels then read Stephen King though be wary you must be 18+ to read his stuff.

Sydney Sheldon wrote good novels too action and adventure.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:6, topic:17945”]

Then you should watch the movie. I haven’t read the book, but the movie was

[/quote]

Okay. I’ll check it out.

so no one read 50 shades of grey yet? =P

^ I've downloaded both ebooks & audiobooks of it. I'm gonna read it when i 'feel' like reading it. :P

[quote=“ShoukaT, post:11, topic:17945”]

[/quote]

I think I should download it now because winter is coming. lol

24x7 internet users reading books lol

[quote=“ShoukaT, post:11, topic:17945”]

[/quote]

From what I hear its a terrible book. It just has become popular because media picked up on it including several late night shows and the internet blogs.

I read in last week:

زاویہ ۳

Baba Asfhaq Ahmed

No easy day

Read Willard Price Novels they are quite good. about 2 brothers and a father and how they capture wild animals. I have read Lion adventure and Safari adventure and gorilla adventure :)

I have lots of books. But right now i am reading kite runner. This so nice book.

Self Obsession & P.s. I love You , I was reading both of them side by side.