What to do with bad sectors hard disks?

wel guys i hav a hard of 80gb seagate of my friend which has many bad sectors and the transfer speed is also damn slow

it has bad sectors at 3% and 91%

any idea what can i do with it

if nothing then i cant wait to get that super strong magnet out of it!! :P

try spinrite to fix those

*remember it wont fix them permanently rather it will just prevent your computer from writing data in those bad sectors and with time the bad sector will increase and the harddisk will be dead eventually so then you can get that magnet out :D

edit: oh crap my post count just increased!

hdd regenerator is the best option. i fixed bad sectors from one of my disk with it permanently.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

hdd regenerator is the best option. i fixed bad sectors from one of my disk with it permanently.
[/quote]

AFAIK no software can fix bad sectors “permanently” because bad sector are physical faults that occur in your hard drive with time or if you handle it roughly

dude if those really r physical bad sectors than nothin can b done.....

hey can i do this

make partition #1 0-5%

partition #2 5%-90%

partition #3 90-100%

then delete 1 and 3 partition and the rest wil work fine??

Actualy i once tried it to format the proces stoped at 93%

i canceled it and again started format it stoped/stucked at 3%

so i think these are places where bad sectors exist

and one more thing the transfer speed of the drive is damn slow what can i do with this

or shud i try windows built in check erors and search for bad sectors and try to fix them utility found in properties of partition

btw i found it on internet tht the above utility works

i started it and turnd of moniter after 2 hours it was on phase 5 but light went off... Then i didnt checked it

try spinrite shoukat :@

do ll format,

but my preference would be to through it away and get new one.

^^

its a useless piece i was just thinkin that if it cud do some work???

the SMART shows its fitness to be 60%

try spinrite shoukat :@
[/quote]

where to get it???

send me link,…

where to get it???

send me link,…

[/quote]

goto warez bb(not benazir bhutto) and search spinrite! or if you want spoon feeding just tell me :P

^

actualy i didnt found it on iptorents thts y i askd

spinrite is available on 30 rs computer cds,

spinrite is available on 30 rs computer cds,
[/quote]

sory do u mean 15rs cd or max 20rs

per yar kon ja ker dhoondta rahey…

then of course i could just tell you how to block bad sectors permanently and they will not even show up when formating or whatever :), only takes one hour, and the hard disk will be in working order again (unless more new bad sectors show up) hooo hum

then of course i could just tell you how to block bad sectors permanently and they will not even show up when formating or whatever :), only takes one hour, and the hard disk will be in working order again (unless more new bad sectors show up) hooo hum
[/quote]

so what are u waiting for??

Tell me

if u dont wana tel it in public

then mail me