What software do you use to convert doc, xls and other files to pdf

I am using CutePDF to convert my word or excel documents to pdf.

But my problem is If I use an image regardless of any type (PNG, GIF, OR JPG) in a document, the output of that image(s) is very poor and blurry after conversion to pdf.

What software do you use to convert your document to pdf. or do you have solution for this.

I use Foxit PDF converter. You can also convert your documents online. You can google that.

While printing the document or image as PDF you can set the image resolution by going to the properties of the pdf printer. Setting the image resolution to the highest value can fix the image degradation problem. I hope it helps.

I tried online converters but same results, blurry and poor quality image.

I also changed image resolution to maximum in print settings and result was just 1+ improvement.

Downloading Foxit PDF Creator.. Will update you after testing...

Tried Trial version of Foxit PDF Creator and result was much better.

Thanks @melleck

The best option I can offer is installing OpenOffice

It is free, and have a native option of exporting files to pdf.

You can open all of Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007 formats using OpenOffice and export then to PDF.

Foxit PDF Creator worked for me. I have used Open Office once but I didn't like it, but I prefer open source/free softwares.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
The best option I can offer is installing OpenOffice

It is free, and have a native option of exporting files to pdf.

You can open all of Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007 formats using OpenOffice and export then to PDF.

[/quote]

I use Office 2007 to convert my word and excel documents to pdf. Just go to save as -> PDF.

I am also using Office 2007, but there is no option as pdf.

I use Office 2007 to convert my word and excel documents to pdf. Just go to save as -> PDF.
[/quote]

You need to have SP2 installed.

If you don't have SP2, then download this addon:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=F1FC413C-6D89-4F15-991B-63B07BA5F2E5&displaylang=en

Thanks, I have already installed Foxit PDF Creator but will also try this.

You need to have SP2 installed.

If you don't have SP2, then download this addon:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=F1FC413C-6D89-4F15-991B-63B07BA5F2E5&displaylang=en

[/quote]

Just installed and tested Offfice Save as PDF Add-on, I would say Perfect.

Adobe Acrobat Pro.

foxit

pdf creator

BullZip PDF Printer is wa I use

doPDF: Never had a problem with it. Got through university using it!

Nitro PDF.

I am using OpenOffice to convert documents to PDF since many years and the conversion is very fast n accurate. Also OpenOffice can handle images (if a word document has images) much better than Microsoft Word. My all PDF guides present on my website are created on Open Office.

Has OpenOffice build in tool to convert files to PDF? Or any other need to install?

^ Yes, you can save directly to PDF in OpenOffice.