What should i do now

hi man i am a premedical student and my marks are not good enough to get admission in medical college i heard about other fields of medical like biotechnology and genetics

so i need some suggestion any good university in islamabad and rawalpindi

and which field is good?

thanks

agreed

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

hi man i am a premedical student and my marks are not good enough to get admission in medical college i heard about other fields of medical like biotechnology and genetics

so i need some suggestion any good university in islamabad and rawalpindi

and which field is good?

thanks

[/quote]

Pharm. D…DVM…BDS…Molecular & Genetics…etc etc! These are also some good degrees in medical sciences!

ok what about biotechnology is it good in pakistan and after doing thats what are the jobs.

ok what about biotechnology is it good in pakistan and after doing thats what are the jobs.
[/quote]

No Doubt…BioTechnology Field is new in Pakistan…and a new field has much more scope indeed! If u r from Lahore then visit PU Biotechnology Department…meet the administration and Students…that will define the “Job & Scope” picture More Clearly…! I hope u will get Much Info from there!

i am from rawalpindi

I think in International Islamic Uni as well as in Quaid e Azam Uni....BioTechnology Department does not exist...! So Dude U should assign this info task to any of ur friend or relative in Lahore...Bcoz i think PU BioTechnology Department has much Better Repute....!

hmmmm i heard about comsats in islamabad is it good university?

[/quote]

Yes its a good uni , it is getting repute rapidly ,initiated in 1999, and currently is ranked number 8 among Engineering/IT universities

http://hec.gov.pk/QALI/Others_QALI/Ranking_Universities.html@129

[/quote]

COMSATS is the fastest growing University in Pakistan! Much Better in all Respects…! But i does not know that in Islamabad Campus there is BioTech Department or Not…!

^ in lahore campus they have the Department of Bio medical Material Sciences

http://ciitlahore.edu.pk/PL/bio-medical.aspx

but the department is not offering admissions yet, faculty is busy in doing research-- might be possible they offer admissions from this Fall semester,, u can call them @ lahore campus for details

Fall Admissions have been started in all the Campuses of COMSATS! Visit the Sunday Jang Newspaper for more info!

COMSATS is the fastest growing University in Pakistan!
[/quote]

Yes it is. With all the grants and unlimited money flowing from governments, it is swelling up pretty good.

Much Better in all Respects.
[/quote]

I doubt that.

By the way, do you what is the pay for an associate professor and professor in COMSATS. Don’t tell me, I already know the answer. And I also have personally saw corruption for getting jobs in COMSATS. I can’t tell you the source but believe me I saw it with my sinful eyes.

i think they is bio science department in islamabad campus i read on their campus website

i am from rawalpindi
[/quote]

If you in Pindi, then why don’t you go to the university and see for yourself. Don’t be lazy , go visit the universities and see for yourself, talk to the students and admin office, and talk to the Bio/medical department staff. Also check what researches that are going on in each degree (in your case biotech), this will show you the worth of the degree in Pakiland, and the number of companies that are investing in it.

If you don’t plan to go to the universities, then please don’t bother answering or questioning, cuz you will not be just wasting your time but ours too.

@ wampyr

corruption in getting job in comsats ? wat pay makes difference ? are these higher than others or lower , in both cases competition reflects. well i can see their strong faculty in lahore campus , teachers are attracted towrds it coz this uni is paying to make faculty strong ,& that is very good,,, foreign unis do so , u know

i know spec. in Chemical Engg Dept. lhr campus , they them self are sending faculty's Mastr degree holder engineers abroad, on hec scholarship for PhD,

well i see this +ve coz after all using their own & hec's resources they are making faculty advanced , and thats very good , resulting in strong faculty and better education for its students.

thanks

Yes it is. With all the grants and unlimited money flowing from governments, it is swelling up pretty good.

I doubt that.

By the way, do you what is the pay for an associate professor and professor in COMSATS. Don’t tell me, I already know the answer. And I also have personally saw corruption for getting jobs in COMSATS. I can’t tell you the source but believe me I saw it with my sinful eyes.

[/quote]

Dude! I was talking about its Growth factor w.r.t. Campuses as well as Number of Departments! No Doubt…! in the past 6-8 years COMSATS expanded much from One Campuse to Several Campuses! And also it is making its name in the market! So i disagree with ur point regarding Grants factor! :expressionless: If COMSATS is getting grant…then it is also using that Grant on Students as well as Faculties…! So plz be Optimistic…!

Pay Scales are the matters of a University and How U can criticize on Pay Scale? It is a fact that Assosiate Professors and Professors have usually the Ph.D qualifications and they deserve the high level pay scales!

Corruption can be anywhere…so i m not saying that COMSATS Charter has come from Heaven… :) So if something is wrong then…it is wrong…whether it is PU or COMSATS…! Hope u will get my point…!

i think they is bio science department in islamabad campus i read on their campus website
[/quote]

Concentrate on Deffury s Posting…! :)

Concentrate on Deffury s Posting…! :)

[/quote]

yeah for now :P

ok thanks so here we are there are two bioinformatics and biosciences

any one studies this

which is best according to pakistan