What’s wrong with online job search in Pakistan?

I saw the post by Naukrify, supposedly the jobs website of the future on Wiredpakistan yesterday and thought I would write a little piece on my frustrations with online job search in Pakistan and some initial impressions. So here goes nothing.

Given that unemployment is sky high and internet penetration in Pakistan is finally on the rise, I thought it would be easy to find job seekers online. Well I couldn’t have been more wrong.

I’m from a generation that likes to use the Internet as much as possible and now that people are starting to launch local content sites I couldn’t be more excited. However, with respect to Pakistani job portals we have been lagging in a big way (that is until recently when I saw a glimmer of hope).

Most local job portals such as Rozee.pk greet visitors with an overwhelming difficult user interface, an impossible to use search tool, and rather high subscription fees. You can either post a job on the site and get hundreds and hundreds of irrelevant resumes or search a database of millions of resumes via key words. Isn’t the entire point of taking job search online to be more efficient? Now you tell me how either one of those two avenues is efficient either for the employer or the potential employee.

I work for a company that has high employment needs and going through the process outlined above has been like pulling teeth everyday.

However, hopeful as I am, I read about a company called Naukrify.com on a blog. These guys seem to have just launched (so its too early to tell), but they seem to have a great user interface, and “intelligent algorithms” to match employer and potential employees. Plus you get to see the profile and than decide if you want to pay to unlock the contact info. Smart if you ask me.

I searched online and Naukrify (I think its pronounced naukri-fy) seems to be the wave of the future in online job search. Global players seem to be getting on this bandwagon. I hope these guys make it big, otherwise if I have to keep using Rozee.pk I’m just going to shoot myself.

spammer alert!

I posted an article I wrote. Thought this was the right place for it. I am not a spammer.

^if you are not spammer then you are adware

I have heard of ads but not adware? Anyway is one not allowed to have an opinion.

dude first there has to be real jobs in pakistan before they could be posted online.......... in every international survey pk is at the bottom of the list. jobs in pakistan is like mirage in desert where thirsty person sees illusion of water from the distance....... you know what i mean.

right said my friend.

"mirage in desert" :( :( nice example

Well i to put jobs ad on different wesites is easy for both parties.There are some pretty good websites in Pakistan ,doing this job very well.

[quote=“Harrymartin, post:9, topic:15981”]

Well i to put jobs ad on different wesites is easy for both parties.There are some pretty good websites in Pakistan ,doing this job very well.

[/quote]

that’s not true. if the job sites in PK are doing a good job then it would also mean that there are lots of available jobs in PK for everybody and we wouldn’t be having this thread… comprende?

I think some jobs sites in pakistan are doing good job and some don't to facility their user but only money.

[quote=“tinanaz, post:11, topic:15981”]

I think some jobs sites in pakistan are doing good job and some don’t to facility their user but only money.

[/quote]

I hope, you are not advertising your own website ‘‘naukrify’’.

Why? if you have any good website you will share it

Jobs in Pakistan and Middle East http://www.jobsvilli.com/

Lol full of Spamming!