What OS do you use and why?

I am currently using windows xp i dont feel like changing anytime soon even though windows 7 is tempting

But i just find XP to be perfect and i dont have any problems with it nothing wrong with speed etc no bugs and i cant see why i should backup everything and updating.

Mostly Windows XP and 7, I am not a big fan of Microsoft, but due to the fact that it is the most used OS wordwide, you have variety of software for Windows.

BTW: Windows 7 is the best amongst all windows released so far.

I use Win7 only for the reason that i feel comfortable with it. :)

Windows XP and Win 7. I agree with Armada that many people find Windows XP to be just enough for their needs. Its a solid OS really. No wonder Microsoft has been having a hard time convincing business users to switch from Windows XP. :)

--

Windows XP. It is stable, for the most part and fits the PC resources well for the tasks it has to perform.

Win 7 since the day it was given out for trial. It's lyk completely stable..for me XP was damn a headache always crashing and mostly you had to do re-installation every now and then...but with Win 7 its almost 1.5yrs and its working flawlessly. A very gud OS indeed.!

Ubuntu 10.10 - cause it just works and works fast, easy to update and install software to.

OSX - cause 2.5 yrs ago the new macbook was the best laptop hardware wise so got it.

Windows 7 - work, and it's brilliantly stable now on good hardware. But too expensive otherwise I'd use it for home pc too (I no longer use pirated OS's for my pc's).

I use Windows XP Professional and I love the way it works. It has great stability and it is definitely better than Vista or Win 7.

OS X coz I do iPhone development.

Windows 7, cuz change is better. Nd nandu how can you say xp is better than windows 7? I mean its like saying Aishwaria is better than Katrina Kaif, i can still fantasize about Aishwaria and have 10 mins of fun so why shall I think about Katrina at all during this time...

What i am saying is that we need to evolve, not get stuck with one thing forever.

^ Thats quite possibly the worst analogy ever...

I've been using Ubuntu as my primary OS for 3+ years now and I'm pretty happy with it. In that time I've seen it improve by leaps and bounds. Its stable and the faster development cycle always promises new and exciting features right around the corner.

I also dual-boot Windows XP. I use it once in a while if I can't do something on Ubuntu. No major gripes with Win XP, but I would be upgrading to Win 7 as soon as I buy a new PC. I just think there is something very wrong with the idea of using a 10 yr old OS!

I am using Windows 7 Professional. Laptop came with Home, but I was tempted for extra features so went for it. Glad my School is part of MSDN & I got it for free :)

^I also got my laptop with Windows 7 Home Edition.

Any chance to get a legitimate free version if I also upgrade to an Ultimate version? :)

--

when i was using P3 it was Windows Me

when i was using P4 it was Windows XP

and now on i3 its Windows 7

using Ubuntu on Vmware

Ubuntu 10.10 exclusively for more than a year now.

Initially was just trying 9.10 to see how much improvement Ubuntu compared to a few years back, but after Ubuntu got me out of a few unsolvable problems which incidentally XP started giving me, I migrated completely and haven't had a single reason to run Windows since.

Though I am multi-booting and trying Fedora, openSuse and Debian at the moment as well.

Windows 7 is a simple, fast and attractive. A better way to find and manage files, such as the Jump Lists, and enhanced views of the taskbar, help you to quickly perform everyday tasks. Windows 7 is designed for faster and more reliable performance

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Windows 7 is a simple, fast and attractive. A better way to find and manage files, such as the Jump Lists, and enhanced views of the taskbar, help you to quickly perform everyday tasks. Windows 7 is designed for faster and more reliable performance
[/quote]

That is a direct copy paste from Windows 7 promotional materials i think. I remember this sentence very clearly. Microsoft used if for promoting Windows 7. Here is one site where it is written:

http://www.winsupersite.com/article/windows-7/windows-7-feature-focus-windows-taskbar.aspx

Armada why you are copy pasting stuff? :D

windows 7 is totally a crap OS i downloaded a torrent which was upto 2GB iso file burned it and install it and nothing experience anything new and stable than XP pro now again i am on XP pro simple smart and stable easy too