What is your preferred payment method for online purchase?

I have used credit cards issued by UBL and SCB, and UBL's Wiz Internet cards for online purchasing. In my experience, the UBL Credit Card and the UBL Wiz Internet Card can only be used on websites that require CVV which means that one cannot use it on, for example, amazon.com. However, SCB Credit Card works almost everywhere.

I have read various personal accounts on WP and other forums about various other payment methods -- e.g. MCB Lite which is a prepaid VISA card, and various VISA debit cards (linked to one's bank account) -- for online purchasing. Can we make a consolidated list of payment methods vis-a-vis popular e-commerce websites (and service providers like domain name registrars, etc.) and update it regularly for everyone's benefit?

PS: Admin, if this thread attracts a substantial number of replies, can we make it "sticky"?

Bottom line is credit card works everywhere so why bother with debit and prepaid VISA etc.

[quote=“Myelin, post:2, topic:21850”]

Bottom line is credit card works everywhere so why bother with debit and prepaid VISA etc.

[/quote]

I will have to (mis)quote Orwell here: "some credit cards are more equal than others". The credit card that you have works everywhere. Good, very good. By the way, which credit card?

Please note that as reported on various forums some credit cards cannot be used on the internet. And out of those that can be used on the internet, some credit cards are not acceptable on all websites. The purpose of my query was to document what works and where.

As per my experience, websites/ stores must state the type of credit card when asking for payments, for instance some sites ask to use VISA, some may ask for MASTER and so on. In addition when you pay from Pakistan, they may ask your to prove your identity before processing your payment.

I do know that some websites don't accept prepaid VISA cards like UBL WIZ card, but never faced a problem with Credit Cards.

i am using nib master debit card and it is working on every site

Been using SCB Visa Debit card for a long time, works everywhere except Google Play store. Also have a Master credit card from SCB, that works everywhere including Google play.

Thank you, aamir098 and BlueClub. Much appreciated.

Is there anyone on the forum who could tell about Bank Alfalah Credit Card?

Standard chartered Debit visa card works at most of the places ... better ten wizz UBL

[quote=“tsahar, post:7, topic:21850”]

[/quote]

Using for 5 years on different sites, never faced a problem.

* Once the bank refused to settle/ pay full invoice in one transaction, therefore I had to request the vendor (Hostgator) to re-issue the same invoice in three segments/ parts.

* Bank Alfalah charge Rs.100 per session to activate credit card for on-line shopping. But there is no yearly fee.

[quote=“tsahar, post:7, topic:21850”]

[/quote]
Using Bank Alfalah CC. Works everywher. Godaddy, hosting providers, Google play, ali express . For saving session fee i am using their virtual card.

Note: i didn’t even tried any card on Facebook.

Scb debit card also working on almost Every where.

Thank you, shafiq and TA for info on the Bank Alfalah Credit Card.

What about those who don't have credit cards? We already know that many banks refuse credit cards to students and freelancers/self-employed professionals; and debit and prepaid cards don't work everywhere and have limited liability. Other than taking help from your friend's elder brother or your helpful Uncle, what are the options for making online payments in such a case?