What is the coolerado air conditioning system?

salam

anyone is using or know the price of a coolerado air conditioners ? in pakistan ?

Not sure but isn't that the company that marketed their evaporative coolers as a/cs ?

[quote=“nadeem5476, post:, topic:”]

salam

anyone is using or know the price of a coolerado air conditioners ? in pakistan ?

[/quote]

It is a very efficient water cooler (aka Lahori cooler). I searched over it about two year ago. AKAIK, It is not available in Pakistan. It will not work in monsoon (July) and humid area (near sea). I contacted them coupe of years ago. They have different models. However, I like the model which is a combination of typical AC and “Lahori cooler” but then again it will not work in monsoon.

The main difference is that their water cooler is indirect which our water cooler are like cave-age technology. Our water cooler add humidity to air. While this indirect water cooler (it’s not a new concept or new device in Western countries. And this company didn’t made the first indirect water cooler) do NOT add humidity to cooled air. There is fine barer of thin plastic (similar to plastic wrap used in kitchens) which transfer the temperature but do not transfer the water vapors (humidity) to output air. I hope that I explained it.

EDIT:

It is very easy to make a little-less-efficient but indirect water cooler cheaply in Pakistan. But when I checked the market then I found that people do not have any awareness and such a product (desi made) won’t sell in Pakistan when compared to Lahoori cooler.

@asad

yes thats it but i saw a youtube video and those evaporative coolers are now on sale in pakistan and UAE ! so i wanna know whats the price , quality etc and efficiency - i tried to contact the given address in the video but no response !

@wampyr

yes this all described in the video and it is also for sale in pakistan and UAE too . see the link .

http://www.youtube.c...0.0.HQaj345-I-8

atlast i have contacted those people and they informed me that the smallest unit they have is 3 tons and costs 550,000 / = Rupees !

[quote=“nadeem5476, post:5, topic:17249”]

atlast i have contacted those people and they informed me that the smallest unit they have is 3 tons and costs 550,000 / = Rupees !

[/quote]

In quick glance I read the price as “55,000” and I was thinking it was too much for just a water cooler (even whether its indirect one). Then suddenly I realize there is another “5” present in the price and the price is actually “550,000” and I was like WTF? It’s just a water cooler, not a car.

I think I can make a medium size version of indirect water cooler (using the fan, motor, body of a lahori cooler along with coagulated board, paper, plastic tubing, plastic layers) for less than a budget of 10k (stretching to include profits too). There is nothing that complicated in it. Just keep a layer of plastic to keep the “cool” air from getting moisture from the water which will cool the air (through evaporation). Not that a difficult design and definitely not worth spending 550,000 when it won’t work in monsoon or near sea.

NOpe :slight_smile: its not that easy , i hace tried that plastic thingy years before , the water still comes out from tubes (on the plastic) bcz of condensation process and then it is added in air thus increases humidity , The coolerado system includes a little HEAT process too which actually BURN those water droplets on the surface PLUS in the outgoing air (but that is in the limit) otherwise we will b getting hot air instead of cooler one :slight_smile:
and that is their secret :slight_smile: