What is the best thing to store and get profit?

yar storage is v necessary and people who farm in less acres store more , if they dont brokers in market will rip them apart , plz dont bring islam in ,

its simple demand and supply , say potato everyone has to lay seed almost simultaneously and hence cultivate at once in all over country , how cud u sell this much potato in 1 month,

Okay. Lets the leave the political / religious discussion aside. In my opinion if you want to "store" the value of your money and also make a profit after some time due to price appreciation then the safest options at this time would be Forex and Gold. Don't invest in Interest bearing instruments, there is no benefit of them since inflation is running at around double (almost) the interest rate (the depositor's rate) at this moment. For example if you invest Rs. 89 today at an interest rate of 12% which will make Rs. 100 after one year, then there would be no benefit of this! Since today for example you can get a toffee for Rs. 1 and you can buy 89 toffees but after once year lets say the toffee is Rs. 1.2 (due to inflation of 20%) a piece so you would be only able to get roughly 83 toffees which is a direct loss!

have told already in some upper posts that GOLD profit is less (investment to profit ratio) as the inflation is much higher than the profit we could earn from gold .

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

yar storage is v necessary and people who farm in less acres store more , if they dont brokers in market will rip them apart , plz dont bring islam in ,

its simple demand and supply , say potato everyone has to lay seed almost simultaneously and hence cultivate at once in all over country , how cud u sell this much potato in 1 month,

[/quote]

yes that much potato can not be sold in 1 month so we understand that it definitely needs to be stored in some cold storage.

But don’t you think that it will be unethical to take unjustified profits when there is a low supply of that Item??

If the item is stored just because to save it from being wasted due to excess production, it shouldn’t be sold at higher price later when there is high demand.

@nadeem

hav u thought on Booking some Corollas/Civics and selling them on Cash. You can earn some bucks through own money. How much % profit u r looking for?

^^ booked last year 2 civics got some profit too in face of own money . Some taxation matters make this business not charming .

sugar

@abdulsami

yar in case of potato , in northern areas potato season is different from punjab , so in off season their potato is available fresh , n sold at almost double price than stored potato,

n regarding profit taking u cant do much , market determines its own price , demand n supply again , but wrong thing is when cartels are formed, which is not the case in vegetables yet ,

n i dont get when ppl say inflation in gold only, inflation is general devaluation of money n it will be in every business u do not just gold trading ,

hmm... your passport with valid visa of any stable foreign country valid for 6 months or more, when there is civil war on food in pakistan so you could get the f==k out of here fast to save your life.

p.s: this is the best advise my older cousin gave me regarding the current food situation in pakistan and very profitable one too indeed.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

hmm… your passport with valid visa of any stable foreign country valid for 6 months or more, when there is civil war on food in pakistan so you could get the f==k out of here fast to save your life.

p.s: this is the best advise my older cousin gave me regarding the current food situation in pakistan and very profitable one too indeed.

[/quote]

already have :)

@^

why do you want to get into stocking business? No doubt risk is always at your head because "The Mother of all evil is speculation", Why not trading? especially exporting.

maybe you know that price is food items especially rice is pretty high in European counties.Basmati Rice(Parboiled) in Pakistan is nearly 1 USD all processed. In Europe rice is being sold at 3-4 euros per KG.

m already in the business of exporting hand made garments to uk (also our family business) and i have knowledge of rice too , but the giants are sitting in dubai n south africa controlling pakistani rice in such a way that you cant compete with them they are really big giants with atleast 50 containers per order ! so no chance to poke our leg there , better let them do their business by any means , they borrow funds from !@#$ govt (khancha baazi) and then utilize the same investing in the rice . i also have contacts in rice markets of karachi and this thing is for sure i mentioned above.

Govt put extra export duty on handicrafts , cotton yarn is getting expensive day by day and that y the hand made garments supply is getting difficult for us . foreign market is not permitting us to increase the price , bangladesh n india are providing the same thing in less price than us.

what about storing pulses ? green signal for all those who want to earn by storing , store pulses and silver :)

You got to hand it to the OP. Making a thread about backward practices like hoarding essential goods in a technology forum where we discuss futuristic gadgets.

^^ what do u mean by "OP" , and a big laugh on your orthodox post , re-read the section header "general discussion" and then comment On the question asked OR simply let others comment for this valuable thread. if you want to discuss or criticize over something and wanna poke into gadgets n gizmos do search a relevant thread for that ! lemme help u a lil go here http://wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewforum.php?id=10 and start commenting . Good day.

Gold is what i wud store.. nd if ur not feelin secure.. get gold implanted molar teeth :)

:) hahahaha , one should store one molar and pre molar etc every year and after several years one will have a complete 24 carats gold denture :) what an idea sir ji