What is READSL2 Modulation?

I was using G.MDT mode and was getting very poor SNR margin i.e. around 7. I thoght what if I try by switching back to ADSL2+, when I switched back, I got this READSL2 mode, what is it? Help please. Screenshot attached

readslw.jpg

These are my settings under Advance Setup>DSL (PTCL modem AN1020-16T, manufactured by Fibrehome). Noteworthy is that it improved SNR margin and attenuation.

capturegq.jpg

[quote=“FARAN, post:, topic:”]

I was using G.MDT mode and was getting very poor SNR margin i.e. around 7. I thoght what if I try by switching back to ADSL2+, when I switched back, I got this READSL2 mode, what is it? Help please. Screenshot attached

readslw.jpg

[/quote]

this could have been a modification from Exchange end. This particular mode is Reach ADSL2…used for distant connectivity. those modems which are sold expensively under long distance connectivity have such modes. But surprisingly this happened to you. So it could be a newly installed DSLAM in your exchange that can do the same from ISP end…just a speculation.

Functionality may have been enabled with the DSLAM with my exchange, but strange is that my old Fiberhome modem supports it too, and I keep connected even at an SNR margin of 4db. :-O

I doubt its a newly installed thing in your exchange but READSL2 mode comes when your modem fails to sync at ADSL2+. It is specifically for long distance connectivity hence the improved stability. You can't manually set READSL2 mode in your modem or at least I couldn't in the 3-4 PTCL modems I used.

[quote=“StrikerX, post:5, topic:16910”]

I doubt its a newly installed thing in your exchange but READSL2 mode comes when your modem fails to sync at ADSL2+. It is specifically for long distance connectivity hence the improved stability. You can’t manually set READSL2 mode in your modem or at least I couldn’t in the 3-4 PTCL modems I used.

[/quote]

True, I am at a distance of 5.5Km, if modem fails to sync at first attempt, it takes me to READSL moded, it sometimes forces me to synch at a lower rate than what I have subscribed for with PTCL

I've been in a similar situation a long time back. Use these DSL settings, check adsl2+ and uncheck all others except bitswap and SRA Enable. SRA will increase/decrease your sync speed according to your SNR e.g if your modem is synced at 700 downstream and your SNR has been above 11 for a few minutes it will try to raise the downstream rate without losing DSL sync.

p.s and if only 1 PC is connected to modem, use bridging mode instead of PPPoE so whenever modem loses sync you won't come back with another IP your IP will remain same.

[quote=“StrikerX, post:5, topic:16910”]

I doubt its a newly installed thing in your exchange but READSL2 mode comes when your modem fails to sync at ADSL2+. It is specifically for long distance connectivity hence the improved stability. You can’t manually set READSL2 mode in your modem or at least I couldn’t in the 3-4 PTCL modems I used.

[/quote]

Did you try unchecking all but the AnnexL modulation?

[quote=“Asad_N, post:8, topic:16910”]

Did you try unchecking all but the AnnexL modulation?

[/quote]

No, what would it do?

^ I was replying to StrikerX. If you really want ADSL2+ modulation, you should try the opposite to get ADSL2+ modulation, i.e. uncheck others but ADSL2+.

Don't remember what settings I used because it was quite a while back but READSL2 is the way to go when attenuation is 55+ (DS), my attenuation was 62 in Attock.

Checking only AnnexL does not work, your modem does not synch at all.