What is MSI D.O.T (dynamic overclocking technology)?

In the properties of desktop, I can see a tab VGA Clock

where there are sliders to adjust

memory Clock

shader clock and

core clock

and below the sliders is a option enable DOT

What is this stuff? is this adjusting slider option and DOT only in MSI gpu or every gpu?

dude DOT is exclusively available in MSI motherboards..

it is for newbies overclockers...

'it helps them to easily overclock ............

it has differenct options with different percentage of overclocking ...

thus u can easily overclock your system according to your desire..

those are also available in the BIOS of ASUS boards

It's not in mobo

It's in the vga clock properties.

I have a asus board

i m writing about overclocking the system by percentage ,thts available in the BIOS

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i m writing about overclocking the system by percentage ,thts available in the BIOS
[/quote]

u didnt got his point…he was talking abt gpu overclock n u r talking abt cpu overclock

It's the option available in MSI GPU's, when u go to graphic properties there's a tab with name of VGA clock which lists various overclocking options for MSI GPU's u just have to select an option and ur gpu will be overclocked to a certain level. It's for newbies. It's simply built in overclocking option in MSI GPU's graphic drivers.

Should I try overclocking? Or I will fry the gpu?

Depends if u have a sufficient cooling system to support overclocking, if so, u can overclock, however, I would advise out of caution to do that somewhere in the winter season.

I don't have any extra cooling system

will try in winter

Keep it in front of an AC.

If you have a split AC, then take a pipe with 2 Nozzles in each end,

Hook it up the AC, and face the other end in front of the PC.

Make sure the pipe isn't too long otherwise the cool wind will come with less pressure.

That's a very impractical method and I suggest u don't go for it

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Should I try overclocking? Or I will fry the gpu?
[/quote]

Don’t be afraid and just try it, nothing bad will hapen coz D.O.T doesn’t hav any extreme overclocking options it just allows u minor, limited and safe overclocking. I know this coz i had a MSI gpu and i also tried it upto the highest level without any problem whatsoever.