What is difference between white and black EVO devices

A simple question, Which EVO device has good speed white one or the black one ?

I have heard a rumor that black (new one) has good speed over the internet.

Which mode delivers you the best speed.

Hybird

Or

EVDO

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

A simple question, Which EVO device has good speed white one or the black one ?

I have heard a rumor that black (new one) has good speed over the internet.

Which mode delivers you the best speed.

Hybird

Or

EVDO

[/quote]

There is no speed difference in black or white eVo speed. While the black is older version now, and now a days, white one is being sold in market. The only difference is that in Black eVo device (previous one) you can attach external antenna to it while in white one it is not possible.

As per mode is concerned, it is Hybrid by default so you really don’t need to change it. Hybrid only means that it will switch between EVDO and other type of signals that could be available for that device which are not available in Pakistan at least so no worries.

[quote=“nvd650, post:2, topic:16310”]

As per mode is concerned, it is Hybrid by default so you really don’t need to change it. Hybrid only means that it will switch between EVDO and other type of signals that could be available for that device which are not available in Pakistan at least so no worries.

[/quote]

If hybrid mode of Evo device is selected, it will automatically switch over from EV-DO network to CDMA network and vice versa depending upon the availability of network. But if both networks are found then by default, device automatically chooses EV-DO network in Hybrid mode.

The best device is the ptcl evdo wifi cloud. Its top notch. It was actually made for cricket broadband. Their site is www.mycricket.com/broadband. In my opinion, Huawei was the manufacturer.

I have seen such a ptcl device carrying the cricKet logo.

Technically both the white and black devices are the same. they are made by two different manufacturers. Black one have a port for external antenna as pointed out by nvd650. The white one have an addl port for installation of Vfone SIM for dial up networking.

I have been using both the devices and they work at the same speed at EVDO mode.

white is easy to find in dark areas - black is very hard to find in darker areas or during load shedding

black could be made in Africa and white could be made in somewhere Europe

[quote=“armada, post:6, topic:16310”]

white is easy to find in dark areas - black is very hard to find in darker areas or during load shedding

[/quote]

Thumbs UP :D

[quote=“armada, post:6, topic:16310”]

[/quote]

good way of defining it!