What exactly is reseller hosting

Hi. Can someone tell me what exactly is reseller hosting and how does it work. If i get a reseller account from a host, Will I be free to use the server as I please. Will i get a shell/remote desktop to the server or just a control panel.

no its actually like a representative system

u buy accounts from the hosting company in bulk[thoak]

like a hundred accounts and u get them @ 2$ per account

then you sell them to other people to make profit @ 5$ per account etc

its simple that u become representative of that hosting company and earn profits over ur sales

Basically reseller account gives you the power of hosting other peoples.Its your choice to give it free or paid.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hi. Can someone tell me what exactly is reseller hosting and how does it work. If i get a reseller account from a host, Will I be free to use the server as I please. Will i get a shell/remote desktop to the server or just a control panel.
[/quote]

You’ll get control panel to manage your resellers. They may give you limited access to shell called Jail Shell only on request.

reseller is like distributer of a company

no its actually like a representative system

u buy accounts from the hosting company in bulk[thoak]

like a hundred accounts and u get them @ 2$ per account

then you sell them to other people to make profit @ 5$ per account etc

its simple that u become representative of that hosting company and earn profits over ur sales

[/quote]

No that is not how it works. Basically you buy a lot of server resources and a control panel that allows you to create sub accounts for your customers. It is up to you how many clients you sell to. It is entirely up to you how much you sell packages for and what are the specifications of the packages you sell. You will not pay a per client charge only a charge for the reseller package as a whole.

thanks for corection......

Reseller hosting works in the following way:

1. Say you buy 100 MB space and 1 GB monthly transfer from ABC hosting at $10/month.

2. You will have your own hosting company say XYZ where you will sell different packages for e.g. 10 packages of $5 each.

3. You will have your own nameservers and own branded control panel with your logo so your clients wouldn't know that you are infact ABC hosting's reseller. Although there are ways of finding but for average user it's completely transparent.

4. So in the end you are paying ABC $10 per month but getting $50 per month from users hence $40 is your profit.

There are other points too but this is just a basic introduction.

Reseller hosting works in the following way:

1. Say you buy 100 MB space and 1 GB monthly transfer from ABC hosting at $10/month.

2. You will have your own hosting company say XYZ where you will sell different packages for e.g. 10 packages of $5 each.

3. You will have your own nameservers and own branded control panel with your logo so your clients wouldn’t know that you are infact ABC hosting’s reseller. Although there are ways of finding but for average user it’s completely transparent.

4. So in the end you are paying ABC $10 per month but getting $50 per month from users hence $40 is your profit.

There are other points too but this is just a basic introduction.

[/quote]

Good summary tech man. Now I understand that there is a major imbalance between supply and demand in the hosting business. Basically supply is way greater than demand and it is difficult to sell all the hosting you have. I understand that you are in the hosting business? Would you please tell us a little about how easy or difficult it is to sell hosting in Pakistan?

Well in Pakistan the main problem is almost every one is a reseller one way or another and the prices are very cheap. Like you can get hosting package for Rs.1200/year including free domain. I have seen packages like that and this is all thanks to reseller hosting. May be you can first decide on the niche or target market for e.g. hosting companies in Pakistan mostly deal with Linux and MySQL so if you can provide development or programming oriented packages like SQL Server, Oracle, .Net new framework and other latest tools and technologies then it can be your plus point.

If you can afford advertising then go for it in Spider and other Pakistani tech magazines otherwise word of mouth isn't bad either but it's a slow process and takes time. And never hesitate to give free trial account of 15 days or a month as it definitely helps in getting customer.

thanks tech man

real good explanation.....