What could be the issue?

I have 4mb PTCL Broadband connection .. Since last few days i m getting 2145 Downstream and 417 upstream , My phone line is very much clear but SNR is very BAD .. strange :s .. What makes the SNR too Bad when i have Noiseless PTCL LINE..? and i think this is the reason why i m not getting proper speed . i Called PTCL helpline and i get same response as i get everytime :) " Complain Forward Kardi hai Aapki " I called them a week ago , still there is issue .

^ I got the same issue.Line is damn cler but the SNR is low ! I can't get better pair than it

Hmm.. I have 2 PTCL broadband connection , This Connection is from Different Poll may be this could be the cause, The other is from different , My other Connnection is working fine with Good SNR and GOOD Speed.

actually what u hear is not what u get....in this digital voice thingy the standard to check the quality is SNR not the sound u hear from receiver...and koder when strike goes off try one thing...try to use a different wire it will improve margins...in my case margins on DP were 32 and when they were checked in home over tht black wire it was hardly 9-12..so then i got my line replaced by their so called Jumper cable tht thin pure copper wire...and now i get the same SNR as on DP.!

Yeah they told me we will change you line wire when the strike is over..lets see how it goes.

Post your ADSL status here for further diagnosis.Thanx

Upstream = 487

Downnstream = 2596

SNR = 6.4/1.4

Attenuation = 44.0 / 24.2

Output = 19.6/12.6

824status.jpg

AS I thought, your SNR ratio is too low and line attenuation is very high.......you must replace your telephone cable and cable pairs and by the way which modem are you using???

Hey It worked ! i changed telephone cable and now its working soo good... i m getting 8mb download and 1201 upload :D THanks ALOT FAHAD BRO..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hey It worked ! i changed telephone cable and now its working soo good… i m getting 8mb download and 1201 upload :D THanks ALOT FAHAD BRO…
[/quote]

post your current stats plz!

Hey It worked ! i changed telephone cable and now its working soo good… i m getting 8mb download and 1201 upload :D THanks ALOT FAHAD BRO…
[/quote]

What do you mean? Which telephone cable did you change?

^ yes, which telephone cable did you change,,,,that hard copper black coloured wire coming from pole into the house???And please post your updated ADSl status.Thanx

^ yes, which telephone cable did you change,that hard copper black coloured wire coming from pole into the house???And please post your updated ADSl status.Thanx
[/quote]

I changed this one

405rj11_telephone_cable.png

post your current stats plz!

[/quote]

844adsl2.jpg

Not a big difference in SNR ? LOL :P

Its very much better than before... and i m getting very good speed too.. :)

Not a big difference in SNR ? LOL :P
[/quote]

u know wat it means tht ur modem is synced to 8mbps with 11.0db SNR on ADSL2+…they can even go to 14 i guess if he changes modulation to G.DmT…and since you know sync rate increases SNR decreases so apparently the rate he was getting previously means around 27db SNR now. So it seems pretty gud from wat u were getting previously…anyways wats your package?

Its a 4mb Package...

^ I'm in the same position with unlimited sync rate. Package is 4megs, I got my line profile set to 6megs and its now 27 db SNr. Works like charm.

You can even have it set to 4 megs but i recommend 6.

Emailing you the noc dp contact ring them and act as if some installer gave you tis number.

^ I’m in the same position with unlimited sync rate. Package is 4megs, I got my line profile set to 6megs and its now 27 db SNr. Works like charm.

You can even have it set to 4 megs but i recommend 6.

Emailing you the noc dp contact ring them and act as if some installer gave you tis number.

[/quote]

hey give it to me too…i desperatley need my port to be upgraded…waiting since 22July.