What cable do i need for a outside phone line?

What cable do i need for a outside phone line?

from the ptcl box down into the house which gives me better faster internet and clarity in voice and also causes less maintenance

if there isn't any electromagnetic interface in ur area lyk high tension power cables then simply install the normal BLACK PTCL wire....if there is any get a cat6 sheilded wire(the one used for networking)..or buy any single pair wire tht is of pure copper...test for copper purity by using a magnet...if it gets magnetisied(sticks wid magnet) then its not pure copper...!

Normal Black PTCL wire is expensive :| 8Rs per meter.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Normal Black PTCL wire is expensive :expressionless: 8Rs per meter.
[/quote]

U can ask your lineman to change it for you . Just write an application to your local exchange that you are having noise issues and want to get the cable changed. Hand over the copy application to line man and give some chai pani to him and your cable will be changed .

ehm ehm.....actually the chai pani won't help in this matter...i guess the official rate fixed by PTCL for changing new line is, i guess 700Rs. and u can get things totally free n gud if u've got salam dua wid higher ups!

Actually the dp is like 150 meters away from my place.. fr that I need 150 meter wire ..its like 1200Rs for 150 meter and I don't want to beg them to change it for me.. the store keeper of ptcl was telling me that I don't have the tar right now..I know he was just lying.I want to buy it myself and then ill hand it over to lineman to change it for me..the current wire is having 5-6 joints ehh.. noise marigin is like 25-26.The SDO was telling me that you won't get this black wire anywhere from market..is it true?

^Launch a complaint on 1218 and tell them that they are not changing the wire.

^ ehh ok !

nope u won't find it anywhere...n in this paticular case 1218 can't do much...official way is to write an application...or BRIBE the lineman....!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

nope u won’t find it anywhere…n in this paticular case 1218 can’t do much…official way is to write an application…or BRIBE the lineman…!
[/quote]

Oh well , my line got 5 -6 joints.The line man has the wire but its not new.I need new wire without joints.The ptcl store keeper was saying I don’t have it…I know he was lying but i’ll visit the exchange again and submit an application.If they won’t listen then emailing to PTA will surely work ehh