What are the disadvantages with sony vaio?

What are the disadvantages with sony vaio ?

First disadvantage : More expensive compared to other companies

Second disadvantage: If it ever gets a fault and the warranty ended... everyone will just be experimenting with it by using a heatgun ( actually heatgun is da only tool our so called laptop repairers know of... theek ho gaya tu hogaya warna jo raha saha board tha wo bhi jala dya )

I say experimenting because sony vaio is not da most bought brand in pakistan as compared to dell and hp ( which we Pakistanies love for dont know what reason :) ) so dats why repairers r not aware of its problems.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

First disadvantage : More expensive compared to other companies

Second disadvantage: If it ever gets a fault and the warranty ended… everyone will just be experimenting with it by using a heatgun ( actually heatgun is da only tool our so called laptop repairers know of… theek ho gaya tu hogaya warna jo raha saha board tha wo bhi jala dya )

I say experimenting because sony vaio is not da most bought brand in pakistan as compared to dell and hp ( which we Pakistanies love for dont know what reason :) ) so dats why repairers r not aware of its problems.

[/quote]

x2

I have VIAO series. Why is it expensive, any idea?

^ OK! I'll tell you why is it expensive.... but first tell me why did you buy specifically VIAO. What did you see in it which you don't see in others?

Actually to be honest I didn't purchased it. My fathers engineer purchased it (E series VPCEA15FA).

http://www.sony-asia.com/product/vpcea15fa

I think the cost is almost same in all brands according to specs.

^ Ok! then...

Here is what I think about it..

1- People buy it because they want to HAVE it. They don't buy to WORK on it.

2- Why would you buy a designer's suite? and why would I prefer to go in the market and hunt for a good collection around there? The reason looks similar.

3- It's "trend" which makes things expensive (with or without any reason). And one would buy it no matter how expensive it is. It's you and me who think about features that what it got inside which may make it so expensive, and after having a lot things pinpointed we will leave it and go for another brand... But the people who would like to have it, they will buy it without knowing what's in it.

The things what "wolverine123" has put in are quite well to understand why some one should avoid to go for it if he/she is gonna use it personally and primarily for working.

I'd buy VAIO to give as a gift rather than to work personally on it. Yeh! it would be great being a gift.....

Well I feel only one disadvantage in my model that its screen size is 14. Otherwise graphics power, cpu, RAM and etc. features are very good.

Well I tried my neighbors SOny VIAO and it was just a piece of too light plastice. Even USB and Ethernet ports were hidden behind cheap quality plastic cover. Fashionable it might be but wasn't strong any means.

Lenovo is considered number one in durability, Sony viao is expensive because it is an establised and popular brand so they are just charging extra for it name.

Compared with other laptops of same specs sony vaio is more expensive, and the reason behind it being expensive is the trend and the marketing strategy of vaio

I own a Core 2 Duo based sony vaio laptop. I am not exactly very happy with it. They are expensive and dont use the best/fastest quality components. I was surprised to find out that mine had 4200rpm harddrive installed when it failed and i had to remove it. Battery life for them is not that great as well. I think hp and dell laptops are generally better value for money.

It is most expensive and dont have enough Performance Stability like others