What are the best "ms" in pinging PTCL DNS?

i want to know when i ping my PTCL DNS server i.e ping 203.99.163.240 -t

then the results are very stable and it pings on 50 ms

when someytimes on 100ms

sometimes on 200ms

when i download i file

it goes to 300ms

i m facing some iptv problems becos of this, sometimes the request times out problem comes

now the thing i want to know is the best number of ms ???????????????

i heard it should be low and between 50 to 60 ?????????

guyz plz check ur DNS ping and let me know the ms ???????????? and also check will it pings constantly on on one number ot it increases the number of ms in every new ping?????????????

my english is bad, hope u understand what i wanna ask?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i want to know when i ping my PTCL DNS server i.e ping 203.99.163.240 -t

guyz plz check ur DNS ping and let me know the ms ??? and also check will it pings constantly on on one number ot it increases the number of ms in every new ping???

[/quote]

Pings depend mostly on your distance from the server and to a lesser extant on your line quality. Where are you from? Lows pings are generally recommended. There is no hard fast number.

When I ping 203.99.163.240 I get an average of 16 ms. The average remains between 16 ms to 18 ms for me. I am in Islamabad and on ONU.

We usually us ping to check server response time. The lower ms you get the better.

ONU pings will be MUCH lower than copper pings. I'm on copper, and I get a ping between 45-50ms to PTCL's DNS server.

My university has Fibre Optic (I think it's Micronet) and they got a ping of 9ms to PTCL's speed server! That is brilliant!

Sorry! Deleted

If you are downloading something, the Ping packets (ICMP) have to get in queue with other data packets already coming and going, so this slows down the ping rates considerably.