Western Union moneyTransfer issues (U.S. to Pak)

A client recently sent some funds through Western Union, ... their MoneyTransfer is supposed to take a few minutes and she did receive an email (that she forwarded me) saying her payment was autorized and was ready to be picked up by the receiver. She sent the payment from their website.

However, when i checked WU's website, their tracking page keep giving me the same error:

W0131 We do not have an order with the provided information. Please verify your information and click Check Status.

MTCN : xxxxxxxxxx

She called them up and they say there's no such issue.

I went to the local WU agent, and some guy said the payment isn't approved yet, or it may be blocked.

Any guesses how to fix this issue and get my money ?

I have received payments from Rent A Coder (which is in USA) many times through WU and never had any problems. May be you should wait a day or two and then check if the payment has arrived.

how long does it take to receive payments through WU, in your case TechMan?

i usually recieve payments in 5-10 minutes , moneygram got economy package which takes 3 days for funds to be alive dont know if thats same case with you with Western union , or may be your client is decieving you :P

nah, she is not deceving, she sent a legit email, with working MTCN number because when i went to the local WU agent, those guys checked my name up and said the paymetn was not approved yet, she definitely made the payment. its just that WU is creating some issue.

i have been receiving payments from WU from usa / uk and malaysia / and no doubt it will take just 5 minutes to get your payment.

never got the problem with WU since years.

you shud call to the sender and verify the details including :

sender name / receiver name and ID / amount / MTCN and special instructions (if any). bcz some websites are providing transfer from another source to WU then to the receiver (may b it is taking time thts y)

Is it a good idea to call one of the local Western Union agents in saddar, pindi area.. to inquire on phone if they can see my payment or not?

i've heard of cases where other ppl took out their western union money, so i'm reluctant to call agents on phone.

i never got prob with WU

just go and tell them the MTCN etc

get the payment..

Are you sure you aren't mixing the first and last names up?

I am expecting some amount from Google Adsense via WU in the coming month. I hope it comes through fine. Does Google deduct transaction charges from the amount?

^

no charges are deducted

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

how long does it take to receive payments through WU, in your case TechMan?
[/quote]

As soon as I receive email from RAC that your money has been sent, I go to WU agent and receive money.

@Asad

Nah i was inputting the correct first / last names.

Just talked to their U.S. helplin, the support guy said the transfer was on Halt since she made the transfer online, she has to call up their support to confirm the transfer, then they'll release the cash.

hope this will get fixed once she calls them up.

btw asad, google -> wu -> should be smooth, since its a big compnay :P so they wont worry about fraud and double checking etc.

Are you sure you aren’t mixing the first and last names up?

I am expecting some amount from Google Adsense via WU in the coming month. I hope it comes through fine. Does Google deduct transaction charges from the amount?

[/quote]

Care to share exactly how much this “some amount” is? :P

[/quote]

I believe 5 digit $$$$$ :P

[/quote]

Enough to pay for EMS shipping charges for two orders next time I purchase a few items from Hong Kong. Go figure… :P

I believe 5 digit $$$$$ :P

[/quote]

I am not Mohsin, the millionaire… :D:P

I am not Mohsin, the millionaire… :D:P

[/quote]

HAHA :D

xD

just very quick question from you guys

why u use wu? (far to expensive, ex rate to low)

i always use bank transfer and money travel from one account to second. and charges 12euro transfer limit 25000euro. takes about 3 to 4 working days.

wu and moneygram naaaaaa

just very quick question from you guys

why u use wu? (far to expensive, ex rate to low)

i always use bank transfer and money travel from one account to second. and charges 12euro transfer limit 25000euro. takes about 3 to 4 working days.

wu and moneygram naaaaaa

[/quote]

It depends on where you are getting your money from. If Google AdSense then WU is the best option since they don’t cut any charges and money is received instantly. If RAC then it is still a better option than Snail Mail since wire transfer is not available.

@Asad

ahan!! :cool:

TechMan i have wire transfer option which mean i even don't have to go bank to transfer.

but about google adsence dont really know about their i always get in my account as well.