Weired problem

salam to everyone;

my friend and i both have a same shiro dsl8085e router. we both have same 1 mb connection.

i always get maximum downloading speed around 100-110 kb/s on both torrents and usual downling.

on speedtest.net i got 0.87 on downloading>...

the problem is that my friend said to me that he get downloding speed around 400-450 kb/s on usual downloading while 100 on torrents.

how this can be possible ? is he telling lie?

he tell me that he work on subnet mask and on dns. is there some dns which provide high speed than your connection.

^ dns and subnet mask have nothing to do with the speed of your internet connection so basically ,,,,,,,,,

your friend is a fraud :P

hmm i think the same.

This is not possible At All , JALA raha hai tumhari aur kuch nahin ... :P

Yes bro this is right but he telling lie that this is because of dns or subnet,

i also hv 1mb and one of my frnd hv 1mb

if exchange is very near at your home then you get more than normal speed

i am getting same as you but my frnd getting 3mb 300/kb/s

this is because of exchange distance.

It also depend on wire.

I get 1024/250 in modem page and my frnd get somthing 30**/4** something like this.

Distance does matter in the QoS u get but it absolutely doesnt matter on how much speed you get the closer you live to the exchange, its depends on the data rate that your port is set 2 from the exchange and the max bandwidth allotment from NOC to your port....

im getting 4096/1024, n my link is 1Mbps..u know why im getting these stats on my page?..cuz i have Smart TV...nextra 2mbps bandwidth for smart TV....but no way on earth i get more than 120kb/s..on every thing..!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

salam to everyone;

my friend and i both have a same shiro dsl8085e router. we both have same 1 mb connection.

i always get maximum downloading speed around 100-110 kb/s on both torrents and usual downling.

on speedtest.net i got 0.87 on downloading>…

the problem is that my friend said to me that he get downloding speed around 400-450 kb/s on usual downloading while 100 on torrents.

how this can be possible ? is he telling lie?

he tell me that he work on subnet mask and on dns. is there some dns which provide high speed than your connection.

[/quote]

Its simple

1000/8 = 125, i.e u can get 125kbps at max on 1 mb link. Above that is fraud.