WebHosting but which one?

Slam,

i m looking for some web hosting options one web but it seems nothing is really cheap for domain and hosting registration. can some one give your experience what services you are using and how much u r paying for that?

dont really know what to ask but all i want to have couple of web sites registered and hosted. and these sites are not going to consume much bandwidth and dont need any storage may be 20mb at most.

If you can give me your specific requirements, I might be able to help. (As I am in hosting biz)

How many domains you want to host?

Disk space / bandwidth

Databases

Etc

Visiting these sites may help you...

3ix.org

cirtexhosting.com

Email me with the complete details. I can provide you hosting at lowest rate.

at this time i m going to register 2 sites. one domain is already registered. so another one is required. and i dont need any database just simple plain html/php web page and disk space i think 50 to 100mb at most for each site. and i dont think bandwidth gonna be any issue as these sites are very static and yes i dont want to have 3 mailbox with each.

if u r going to make personal sites, then i can give u space, in return of backlinks.

If making official site, then i think u wont give backlinks, sorry then.

thanks for offers but so far i thnk 3ix is better options as it will cost me 9.99+12us$/year but is there any one based in Pakistan? i mean why i pay u$ when i can keep in country?

No, the only way to pay 3ix invoice is using your Credit Card.

Pakistani hostings are damned usually...i am using one named Serversea....lol....they are too awesome(no0bs)

If you want to go with Pakistani hosting I would suggest UA Communication (www.uacommunication.com).

I have been hosting with them for the past 2 years and it has been pretty smooth. I have a free pingdom account to track uptime and response time. I have made the reports public for you to see at http://www.pingdom.com/reports/abm6vgwpt7xj/

The response time is dependent on the check location and for the past 30 days, the average response time from New York is 390ms, which IMO is decent enough.

The customer support is not good though and you will have to rely on your own skills to solve any problems that you encounter.

Pakistani hosting sucks so does UACOMMUNICATION.. i have tried UACOMMUNICATION it gets down frequently..go for hostgator !

Yeah! Dont get any hosting from Pakistan operated companies you can try for only those which have patent from Internationally! that can give you good solution

I will prefer you to choose HostGator.com or BlueHost.com! because both of them i am using frequently for few years they are good at services and provide excellent service!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Pakistani hosting sucks so does UACOMMUNICATION… i have tried UACOMMUNICATION it gets down frequently…go for hostgator !
[/quote]

Seems like you were on a different server than me. Cause my pingdom reports an uptime of 99.26% for the past 9 months which is very decent.

But yes, i would suggest hostgator/bluehost before suggesting uacommunication…

If you want to go with Pakistani hosting I would suggest UA Communication (www.uacommunication.com).

I have been hosting with them for the past 2 years and it has been pretty smooth. I have a free pingdom account to track uptime and response time. I have made the reports public for you to see at http://www.pingdom.com/reports/abm6vgwpt7xj/

The response time is dependent on the check location and for the past 30 days, the average response time from New York is 390ms, which IMO is decent enough.

The customer support is not good though and you will have to rely on your own skills to solve any problems that you encounter.

[/quote]

99.26% uptime - 1 d, 19 h, 18 m of downtime, 641 ms average response and you call it decent ??? :rolleyes:

@flatpack

What is your budget???

If you have Credit Card, I can give you few options to suit your budget. (Purely on my experience )

If you can pay yearly, I can offer you hosting for as low as $36/year (~ Rs. 3100) with 99.9% uptime guarantee. (24x7x365 support with 10 min Average response time … USA Based servers)

Host as much domains as you want. (5GB Space and 50 GB BW)

And if this is too much for you, I can also offer you hosting for Rs. 2000/year.

(Host 2 domains only, 5GB Space, 100 GB BW, Nothing illegal)

Support solely by me. (Not 24x7 but I am online like 15+ hours)

99.99% uptime guarantee.

Fastian thanks for offer,

i want to keep it as low as possible on cost wise.

is there any mailbox limit?

or any other limit? i think its better if you pm me. as i have some other requirments. which i want to have subdomain poiting to my home server.

Fastian thanks for offer,

i want to keep it as low as possible on cost wise.

is there any mailbox limit?

or any other limit? i think its better if you pm me. as i have some other requirments. which i want to have subdomain poiting to my home server.

[/quote]

As you said, “as low as possible on cost” so I guess you are interested in my 2nd offer.

(Host 2 domains only, 5GB Space, 100 GB BW, Nothing illegal)

Other than that, there is no limit on emails, database, sub-domains, etc

Absolutely Nothing Illegal (no pirated software, no warez, no adult)

NO IRC, No Torrents …

Zero Spam tolerance …

Sub domain can be pointed to home server or any other hosting account you may have.

I can give you DNS control of your own domain so you can do changes yourself. (OR I can do that for you… no problem)

I wanted to post that here so everyone can get the idea.

Edited: I cant send a PM to you.

I want to know about a hosting having both ASP.Net + MSSQL and PHP+MySQL support

I want to know about a hosting having both ASP.Net + MSSQL and PHP+MySQL support
[/quote]

You need a windows based hosting.

(That is going to be costly as compare to Linux hosting)

I can recommend few companies that have a good reputation. (If you are trying to save some time in your research) But I need to know your Budget and requirements.

PS. Its best to start your own thread as you have different requirements.

You need a windows based hosting.

(That is going to be costly as compare to Linux hosting)

I can recommend few companies that have a good reputation. (If you are trying to save some time in your research) But I need to know your Budget and requirements.

PS. Its best to start your own thread as you have different requirements.

[/quote]

What if I make a site on ASP.Net+MSSQL and also need a forum on PHPBB i.e. PHP+MySQL what would be best for me if i want both on the same domain?

What if I make a site on ASP.Net+MSSQL and also need a forum on PHPBB i.e. PHP+MySQL what would be best for me if i want both on the same domain?

[/quote]

You need a windowes based hosting as you require ASP.Net.

Most WIN hosting providers support php and Mysql so you are good to go with them.

Have a look at Host Excellence.

PM/Email me and you can save $20 with them