WebEx blocked by PTA, WC or other ISP's?

Folks

I can't load the secure webpage (keeps timing out) to register for a webex event when i use firefox (one of webex's approved browsers). However, I can load the page and register for the event if I go through tor (cough, cough). But then the event manager won't launch (maybe because it's not friendly with the firefox portable version bundled with tor).

I'm at a loss here folks. I'm not very technical so I don't really know what to do, except apologize to the event organizers (and leave them with a bad impression of pakistan and pakistanis) and communicate via emails with attachments.

Any ideas why this happened, and how to avoid it in the future?

Thanks,

V

Can you load other secure websits?

Did you try other browsers?

Did you try on another computer and/or internet connection?

There shouldn't be any reason to ban WebEx. I'm guessing your browser/OS is just not firing up the JVM properly or something like that.

sah

i can load other secure webpages

i tried opera (but it's not supported by webex so didn't expect it to work), tried latest v of firefox (failed due to timeout), might try chrome, might bite the big ecchhy bullet and install win explorer

haven't tried either another console/computer or another connection

so, off to troubleshooting land i go.

thanks for all your suggestions

regards,

v

You need Java for WebEx. The last time I used WebEx was... during the summers, and it worked fine.

Just an hour ago, I was seeing a recording of a WebEx event I missed.

PS: I'm on Micronet/Nayatel. Who's your ISP?