WC Digital TV important question

My uncle had used WC digital cable tv for about 4 months. Now he doesnt so i took the STB and attached the cable wire (i have WC analog Cable) and tried it. it worked. i searched for channels automatically . i got only 17 channels. My uncle got 60+ at his place. i live in lahore and wc provides DIgital tv service in my area (confirmed). Now my question: what am i doing wrong here ? Why aint i getting 60+ channels. Why only 17?? PLZ HELP

PS my analog cable does not give that good reception( horizontal or vertical lines and channels are not so clear) (not that bad either)

could that have caused this?

plz someone help

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

PS my analog cable does not give that good reception( horizontal or vertical lines and channels are not so clear) (not that bad either)

could that have caused this?

plz someone help

[/quote]

You are absolutely right. Check your uncles analog cable and compare it with yours. You must have all the channels clean and clear in UHF band to get all digital channels.

There is some problem going on with DTV, i am only having 24 channels, i used to get 60

You are absolutely right. Check your uncles analog cable and compare it with yours. You must have all the channels clean and clear in UHF band to get all digital channels.

[/quote]

Yea his Analog was pretty much perfect. So im guessing the probem starts here. :S . Ill try something and let you guys know.

thx for the help

When you tune your channels on the digital box, what frequency ranges are you using. You should be between 600 and 818. Maybe even a wider range.

When you tune your channels on the digital box, what frequency ranges are you using. You should be between 600 and 818. Maybe even a wider range.
[/quote]

im sorry but i just started using this service so dont understand. btw im not manually searching for channels. im just doing it automatically so i dont get to chose any frequency range

You do need to put in the freq when you scan channels....have you tried calling WC and asking for their assistance as to how to scan for channels?

You do need to put in the freq when you scan channels…have you tried calling WC and asking for their assistance as to how to scan for channels?
[/quote]

1st of all i did an automatic search again and got 3 channels so now im down from 17 to 3 :( i used ur setting with 802MHz and i got SIGNAL FAILURE.

but the same setting with 754MHz got me 3 channels(the ones i mentioned b4 )

need help

ps i resetted the box and now doing an automatic search gives me NIT FAILURE or sumthing like that. any ideas?

If you have the same box that we have in Karachi, then this is how we do it in Karachi.

This is all from the remote control

Press Menu

Then go to Installation

Then List search

Put in 682 in Start Freq

Put in 818 in end Freq

Press Start Search

And wait till it finishes searching (about 3-5 mins)

Good Luck

my friend worldcall digital cable frequency starts from where analog frequencies end so this means that you must receive your last channel pretty clear to get atleast 25% signal (which is least you need to view digital channels) in order to get 60 channels on all digital frequencies. Here in islamabad it starts from 738 and ends on 794. Lahore and islamabad digital cable is same but what i heard from one of my friends in lahore that there is a difference in frequency range so you can adopt the method that bathisland suggested and if your signal strength is good then you will definitely get all of the channels.

Another important thing to note here that digital signal largely depend on reception in your area and quality of cable you are using. If reception in your area is poor cauz of old amplifiers then you might have to contact your cable operator for that. On the issue of cable quality i was using cable provided by cable guy and it only gave me four frequencies but when i used cable of suntv which i purchased back in 2005 i was amazed to see all of the channels working properly. So check out for these things at first and let me know cauz i have experienced alot regarding this digital thing.

@bathisland:

Thanks for info