Waxing Crescent (and Eid wishes thread)

moon is at

Waxing Crescent Phase i.e.,

2% of full right now, as google says on 19:34

i wonder if it would be sighted here in Pakistan today evening.

some brothers of nwfp have already sighted the eid crescent. many of fellow countrymen don't believe on the sightings of their pashtun / pathan brothers. i have spent almost two years in NWFP. i was very much surprised when i visted one of thier indegenously developed facility. they are quite scientific in this regard. in Mardan they have hung an earthen pot / ghara on a tree with two in line holes in it. Once in a year and that too at the end of Ramadan, moon comes in perfect alignment with these pin holes (pin hole camera).

eid mubarak to all the brothers and sisters on this forum.

Besides these mubarkan i am expecting a little eidi from you all on my adsense fueled blog. Don’t worry I shall be dealing out eidi as well. :).

Hope that I won’t get banned on this act.

@admin

@moderators

thanks for applying adhesive to my thread

cool ..

lets celebrate eid 2moro.

*readies* his eid-dress.

How scientific is the earthen garha? :D and that too only for Eid's chaand :S

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

many of fellow countrymen don’t believe on the sightings of their pashtun / pathan brothers. i have spent almost two years in NWFP. i was very much surprised when i visted one of thier indegenously developed facility. they are quite scientific in this regard. in Mardan they have hung an earthen pot / ghara on a tree with two in line holes in it. Once in a year and that too at the end of Ramadan, moon comes in perfect alignment with these pin holes (pin hole camera).
[/quote]

No offense to the pashtuns but I won’t believe until they stand together in celebrating Eid with the rest of the country.

Ever wonder why Ramadan comes about 10 days earlier than last time, each year? This change causes the position of the moon to shift too on any particular year’s eid day. How is this garha stuff scientific? If this is scientific, I have glasses with a small image of the moon on them. I can see the moon whenever I want in whatever direction I want. :lol:

Unity it seems, is only on issues of self interest these days. That is unfortunate.

Here is a MUSLIM website that calculates visibility of the moon all around the world. Check it for more information on how they get it, I can't explain it, in a hurry.

http://moonsighting.com/vis-maps.html

Take a look at that, upper NWFP area is totally BLACK, it is even out of the RED zone which says only visible with optical aid and yet they sight the moon in NWFP :S , just tell me how. I hope the committee does not consider their "shahaadas" and changes the decision about Eid.

And just in case someone thinks I must be from Punjab for saying this then I am a Pathan and from NWFP...sadly...

No offense to the pashtuns but I won’t believe until they stand together in celebrating Eid with the rest of the country.

Ever wonder why Ramadan comes about 10 days earlier than last time, each year? This change causes the position of the moon to shift too on any particular year’s eid day. How is this garha stuff scientific? If this is scientific, I have glasses with a small image of the moon on them. I can see the moon whenever I want in whatever direction I want. :lol:

Unity it seems, is only on issues of self interest these days. That is unfortunate.

[/quote]

Agreed… Sounds like they just want to have a difference each time and btw, there is difference because of Afghanis living here too in NWFP. I mean they celebrate Eid with the announcements in their country, that sort of messes things up too and then some people here are like its our Eid and Ramadhan the next day from Saudi Arabia :S which is flawed.

garha / earthen pot is scientific

it works on the principle used in a lot of hollywood movies.

some instances are given as under

sun beam was used to trace gold in 'Mecanna's Gold', the movie.

a lot of treasure hunts are carried out by hollywood heroes, assisted by sun beams in egyptian and maya pyramids.

adventures of indian jones are usually aided by sun beams after his gadget stop working.

even DCO's of five districts of nwfp have now contacted central ruit-e-hilal committee. haven't you ever wondered what intrigued these learned, literate men to say that they have sighted the crescent.

u cant blame the pakhtuns as the borders of countries were not created by god so technically the moon could be visible in peshawar before the rest of the country as peshawer is quite far away from the other cities and the must be some place where the day of EID shifts

even DCO’s of five districts of nwfp have now contacted central ruit-e-hilal committee. haven’t you ever wondered what intrigued these learned, literate men to say that they have sighted the crescent.
[/quote]

DCO’s are involved in moon sightings now? :S

The long-winded speech/announcement ended with a positive note! Eid Mubarak everyone! :D

Eid mubarik everyone!

Eid Mubarak!

Eid Mubarak to all Members.

EId Mubarak To Everyone

eid mubarak to everyone

Eid mubarik everyone!
[/quote]

I hope that “i” was intentional, Asad!

A very happy Eid to all WP members! :)

eid mubarik guyzzzzzzzzzz

Hungami Eid Mubarak!

Lol those halal guys finally located the moon. Happy Eid and be safe!

Eid Mubarak to all the WiredPakistan brothers out here.

"Love more and fight less"