Wats the difference between Galaxy and others?

Can someone tell about the difference of purchasing from Galaxy dealers or from other retailers in the market. i.e. is there any difference like US Made or China Made.

My nearest large market is that of Rawalpindi Saddar and there are two or three big shops namely Regent Computers, A Tech Computers, etc. Does any body know about them, and whether purchasing from them is safe?

DON'T GO TO REGENT!!! They are thieves and frauds.

I don't know much about Rawalpindi computer shops but I reckon IKC will be good there too. I think it is on Murree road.

I've bought lots of stuff of Galaxy and their after sales service / warranty seems solid. I've had issues with some products that I bought in the past and they got them repaired or replaced asap. Price are also almost fair too, a little bargaining helps.

thanx Asad & Abbas for your replies,

any other guys from pindi/isb with other suggestions ......

well i have been an a-tech costumer for about two years now and mr. atif there is kind of a personal friend. he stopped selling all those 'small stuff' coz he said it gives a bad name to the shop (becoz of the warranty issues involved).

i have been buying lots of stuff from him and even referred many people to him, never had any complaints.

a friend of mine is a regular regent costumer and the guys there give him comparable prices.

but of course i always advice anyone whom i refer anywhere to check the price from one or two places before purchasing it.

...although i would want to know exactly what kind of stuff you want to buy, so we may give specific recommendations (if possible)?

^Yeah always check prices from more than one shop!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
i.e. is there any difference like US Made or China Made.
[/quote]

Nah Man! most of the computer stuff is coming from china these days and some shop keepers do try to scare your pants off by saying such things but you should know about the stuff you are going to buy like the model numbers, brand name specifications etc (check on internet) so that no one can loot you by giving you some other thing

make sure you get from a respectable shop so that there is no problem in claiming warranty

…although i would want to know exactly what kind of stuff you want to buy, so we may give specific recommendations (if possible)?
[/quote]

well, I am thinking about a new system (less monitor & DVD writer) that supports all digital video/latest games including HD video editing. Perhaps with 4GB RAM and at least 500GB HDD or preferably 1TB.

I can afford up to Rs 60,000.

i ll recommend you A tech they are better then others in Saddar, i also have a good experience with bell computers in dubai plaza, IKC have moved to blue area now, they are also good. Here are some phone no of different dealers in rwp/isb.

Infociti 2278976

Wise tech 5524125

a tech 5581458 0332-5335392

e box 2277092-2279044

Kumputer Korner 2275521-2273059

PC House 2872396-2277616

Electroline 2270495-2274384

Lapro 2271765-2271766

SSI Technologies 2874336

Canton Computers 4457361-7101727

ICS 2875346-2821687

JN Technologies 5584710

Computer Vision 2806000-2806100

Future Age Comp 2272415-2873857

Bell Computers 4410161

i'll second ennay on the recomendation but as usual check the prices from a couple of stores first before going to a-tech.

and as for the tech aspect, the more knowledgeable here can help you better with that, but it will be a tough job because many games are released in quick succession and its difficult to keep up.

happy shopping :)

well, I am thinking about a new system (less monitor & DVD writer) that supports all digital video/latest games including HD video editing. Perhaps with 4GB RAM and at least 500GB HDD or preferably 1TB.

I can afford up to Rs 60,000.

[/quote]

For Digital Video, especially HD, get a quad core processor. Far as hard drive goes, make a spreadsheet of Rupees against gigabyte for the different sized hd’s available and get a couple of the cheapest ones.

Diff b/w Galaxy and others - they list their products and prices on their website. Most shops don’t, and they don’t even know what is available. So it’s better to just look up products online, and only go shopping after.

I thank you all for the useful thoughts and suggestions, and now will act accordingly.

Media International in Blue area. They are distributor of Galaxy. same price. Guy is really nice. Omar is his name. I bought few things from him and always found a better price ! One USB got some issue and he got it replaced without any question!

I bought my laptop from Galaxy Computers in Lahore. The shopkeeper is Urdu speaking, and even though I personally dislike the Urdu speaking community, I did not let my emotions take the better of me, especially so as I read some good reviews about the shop at this forum.

I was able to bargain a good price for my laptop, and happily bought it. The next day however I realized that the Ethernet device is not working. So as I brought my laptop back to the shop I found the shopkeeper's attitude change quickly to a pleasant person that he was previously pretending to be, to a very rude person.

After his support staff unsuccessfully tried to correct my problem, I finally realized I am better off taking my laptop back home, as I now felt sick of their rude attitude.

I am however fortunate to have corrected the problem later that day by just upgrading my laptop's bios. So the moral of my experience is that all shopkeepers are alike, and you should never trust any of them, expecially so if they are from the Urdu-speaking community :D

Keeping this mind I do not think you should have any problem buying form any computer shop in Pakistan.

^ What's an urdu speaking community? Personally, I would say I dislike your racism, bias and generalization. :rolleyes:

My experience with Galaxy has been good. However, what flashjet said applies to almost all shop keepers, especially so when it's a small sole trader type of business because usually they aren't well-established and going through extra hassle would waste time and money for them; even more so when the warranty is offered by them.

I found the shopkeeper’s attitude change quickly to a pleasant person that he was previously pretending to be, to a very rude person.
[/quote]

This thing happens everywhere although this is wrong!

Urdu speaking community ????????????its our national language dude....

are you saying we all should speak english..its gonna be hard. our dear Inzmam bhai was never able to do it all his life...OR is it a punjabi thing...??

I bought my laptop from Galaxy Computers in Lahore. The shopkeeper is Urdu speaking, and even though I personally dislike the Urdu speaking community, I did not let my emotions take the better of me, especially so as I read some good reviews about the shop at this forum.

I was able to bargain a good price for my laptop, and happily bought it. The next day however I realized that the Ethernet device is not working. So as I brought my laptop back to the shop I found the shopkeeper’s attitude change quickly to a pleasant person that he was previously pretending to be, to a very rude person.

After his support staff unsuccessfully tried to correct my problem, I finally realized I am better off taking my laptop back home, as I now felt sick of their rude attitude.

I am however fortunate to have corrected the problem later that day by just upgrading my laptop’s bios. So the moral of my experience is that all shopkeepers are alike, and you should never trust any of them, expecially so if they are from the Urdu-speaking community :D

Keeping this mind I do not think you should have any problem buying form any computer shop in Pakistan.

[/quote]

I wonder where our dear mods have run off to…

^^Actually people who have migrated from India and aren't Punjabis Sindhis etc are called urdu speaking!

I was able to bargain a good price for my laptop, and happily bought it. The next day however I realized that the Ethernet device is not working. So as I brought my laptop back to the shop I found the shopkeeper’s attitude change quickly to a pleasant person that he was previously pretending to be, to a very rude person.

I am however fortunate to have corrected the problem later that day by just upgrading my laptop’s bios. So the moral of my experience is that all shopkeepers are alike, and you should never trust any of them, expecially so if they are from the Urdu-speaking community :D

[/quote]

Please keep your biases off the forum. :confused:

^no no i don't think so coz that would be entirely racist. he meant something else..