Wateen Superiority Thread

Some people may think that inactivity in Wateen forum is maybe due to because no one uses Wateen but it is the opposite because most of us are satisfied with the services.

For last several quarters (more than a year or so), I am very satisfied with Wateen. It is running smoothly. No glitch. The up-time is near to 99%. In last one year, I called only two or three times to their customer service and they told me the service is down because of work and within couple of ours the service was back (they did most of work around Fjar time which was okay for me).

I thought, why not create a thread in Wateen forum to inform users of other ISPs that we are satisfied with Wateen internet. :)

If you are using Wateen and you are satisfied with 99% and contention-ratio sharing of internet, then come in and inform the world that how much you enjoy the UNLIMITED wireless internet. :)

And also post your speedtest (test it against any server in USA or Europe) :)

1521303169.png

add me too

I am also very much satisfied by Wateen WiMax service here in my Multan. The service is a lot better as compared to last year when I first subscribed in the month of September. That was my worst month with no internet at all in peak hours like 8 p.m.

Also their Customer Service now more satisfactorily soves your problems

As of today, dont know how I am getting 160 kB/s since the morning...

1521413732.png

Superior ....?

Check this out

^Topic posting time of

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:14 AM

Well I am also satisfied with wateen's internet service.

In August I downloaded 82GB.

In September 57GB.

But in evening time (from 4 to 11pm) it sucks.

[quote=“mysterio92, post:4, topic:15732”]

^Topic posting time of

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:14 AM

[/quote]

I am sorry I didn’t know this thread has become invalid to quote.

[quote=“Faisal, post:6, topic:15732”]

I am sorry I didn’t know this thread has become invalid to quote.

[/quote]

I don’t know whether EngeL’s problem got solved or not but he was getting 75% of speed. But it’s more than an year old.

But as of now (from previous many months), I am very satisfied with Wateen. Though, Wateen do have ups and downs but now they are getting stable.

By the way, this is Wateen appreciation thread. I ask all the Wateen users who are satisfied with service to come and show your support for Wateen. :)

Do you recommend me to switch to Wateen? Is their USB Dongle giving the same speed?

I usually use internet from 11:00 PM till 08:00 AM. My monthly usage would be around 80GB to 90GB.

[quote=“mateen.khalid, post:8, topic:15732”]

Do you recommend me to switch to Wateen? Is their USB Dongle giving the same speed?

I usually use internet from 11:00 PM till 08:00 AM. My monthly usage would be around 80GB to 90GB.

[/quote]

I won’t recommend to jump in. It all depends on signal strength and signal coverage in your area. I don’t use USB dongle, but Motorola device. It allows me to share internet between computers, cellphones and other devices at home and at office. My internet usage is somewhere between 60GB+ to 90GB+. I don’t even care, I don’t even look at usage because it’s unlimited. Obviously, it’s not dedicated “line”. It also has contention ratio (don’t actually know the exact ratio but there are rumors of 4 or even 16) which can affect the speed of internet in peak time. However, almost all ISPs of Pakistan (including DSL providers) has contention ratio of some sort (they all share internet connection between users).

[quote=“wampyr, post:9, topic:15732”]

I won’t recommend to jump in. It all depends on signal strength and signal coverage in your area. I don’t use USB dongle, but Motorola device. It allows me to share internet between computers, cellphones and other devices at home and at office. My internet usage is somewhere between 60GB+ to 90GB+. I don’t even care, I don’t even look at usage because it’s unlimited. Obviously, it’s not dedicated “line”. It also has contention ratio (don’t actually know the exact ratio but there are rumors of 4 or even 16) which can affect the speed of internet in peak time. However, almost all ISPs of Pakistan (including DSL providers) has contention ratio of some sort (they all share internet connection between users).

[/quote]

Got it. I guess I should call them and ask for a trial. If they can agree. I can use USB Dongle only due to frequent electricity failure.

Is there some from Gulshan-E-Iqbal Karachi who can help me out in this?

[quote=“wampyr, post:7, topic:15732”]

I don’t know whether EngeL’s problem got solved or not but he was getting 75% of speed. But it’s more than an year old.

But as of now (from previous many months), I am very satisfied with Wateen. Though, Wateen do have ups and downs but now they are getting stable.

By the way, this is Wateen appreciation thread. I ask all the Wateen users who are satisfied with service to come and show your support for Wateen. :)

[/quote]

My Problem was resolved, and I’m still a stisfied customer of wateen since day one. I think you know when I actually subscribed,

The only problem I’m having right now is new devices, I have heard rumours of wateen relauncing. I’m looking forward to use some new wimax device. Hate this ZTE alien modem :P

But over all I love you WATEEN :) It even works in stormy rains :P

Engel ...what packaqe have you subscribed too...what speeds do you normally get?

[quote=“Imran, post:5, topic:15732”]

But in evening time (from 4 to 11pm) it sucks.

[/quote]

no problem here like speed or quality sucks in peak hours :)

I am also a satisfied user of Wateen.Using it last six months and the speed is very good and stable.

1524043785.png

Anyone from Karachi can confirm the same please?

This is mine.

1524271440.png

[quote="mateen.khalid, post:15, topic:15732"]

Anyone from Karachi can confirm the same please?

[/quote]

I am from Karachi and and based on my experience I can say that it is working good here.

[quote=“Areesh, post:16, topic:15732”]

This is mine.

1524271440.png

I am from Karachi and and based on my experience I can say that it is working good here.

[/quote]

Areesh,

Which device you are using?

[quote=“mateen.khalid, post:17, topic:15732”]

Areesh,

Which device you are using?

[/quote]

I am using ZTE IX 380 modem.

5048290762_3fe7094b5d.jpg

Well to be honest.....I am just ok with it..

I get to speeds till 108KBps and 70Kbps on average...

video streaming sucks but I just download them....I think they have a limiter on streaming in Karachi...

[quote=“deffury, post:19, topic:15732”]

Well to be honest…I am just ok with it…

I get to speeds till 108KBps and 70Kbps on average…

video streaming sucks but I just download them…I think they have a limiter on streaming in Karachi…

[/quote]

Video streams work fine for me.