Wateen Speed Problem!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

There is bandwidth throttling on the Wateen,Iif you use p2p software from 12 pm to 2 am after 2 am you can get high speed on p2p as well
[/quote]

so whats the solution for this… If other DSL provider are supporting torrent then why wateen is doing so. a month back i had a decent torrent speed on wateen.

ennay simple.. bandwidth issues :)

if you are so much fed up with the speed issues and with there policies then why not leave it and get subscribed to other isp

this is the solution that you can go for :)

in 4 months i have switched 3 subscribers :( first ptcl due to line and disconnection issues and there poor support then micronet cus they are dependent on ptcl line too and line man of PTCL are the real boss there. then i choose the wateen due to its unlimited package. but i am still disappointed :(

in 4 months i have switched 3 subscribers :( first ptcl due to line and disconnection issues and there poor support then micronet cus they are dependent on ptcl line too and line man of PTCL are the real boss there. then i choose the wateen due to its unlimited package. but i am still disappointed :(
[/quote]

All ISPs have equal quality of services.The only solution we all have to be patient.

^Well not really....

Different situations produce different qualities from ISPs.

Wired DSL is always dependent on your line quality,if its noisy nothing gonna work on it and Wireless internet is dependent on the signal quality.You know complaining PTA really helps.

You know complaining PTA really helps.
[/quote]

How?

http://www.pta.gov.pk/index.php?option=com_complaint&Itemid=202

Be specific.I did complain two days back about my faulty line and I got the reply on the next day...yesterday SDO called me and told me that guys are on your way verify your address.The technicians visited my place and they changed the pair and now the line is crystal clear :D The SDO called me again today and he was telling me to please send the feedback to PTA that your problem has been resolved.So dude a danda really works.

At least not in my case where a whole overhauling of system is required. PTA can not bound them to improve the network as per my experience. That's why I switched off my PTCL line a week ago.

What noise margin were you getting on the line?Imran there is no single cable coming from the exchange ..there are many.That day I gave a senior line man 500Rs and he in return declared my ZTE modem faulty(which was perfectly ok) ehhhe and he asked the broadband in-charge to give me a wireless modem :D and I got the wireless modem now LOL.

What do you think about these parameters for RSSI and CINR are correct in Wateen's scenario?

RSSI of -85 dBm an OK value, but virtually and according to Wateen infrastructure is should be -80 dBm.

-60 dBm to -70 dBm is quite healthy value, and -40 dBm is something hard to achieve with Wateen.

(I am sure most of the people know, but let me mention that closer to zero value of RSSI, the better it is)

Now come to CINR, CINR is Carrier to Interference + Noise Ratio, it is same as SNR in traditional DSL system.

For Wateen, CNIR has to be ABOVE 15 dB. For CNIR, higher is better. If you have 20-25 dB, you should be happy at it. And for lower than 10 dB or 8dB (unlike what Mystery Man said) performance will be poor.

I hope this will pretty much help people trying to get their device in healthy signal environment.

This is coming from an Electrical Engineer, specialized in Electronics and Communication.

And yes, you can rely on this information :-)

[/quote]

I used to get -53-59RSSI and 25-29CNIR.The thing was tower was quite near and I was using that big ears device (buckeye)

guys is wateen down ? .... i cant open 8 out of 10 websites atm .... and facebook isn't working as well .... can anyone please post if they are having issues ?

opening at my end.

hmmm ... so i guess karachi users are having issues , btw they are bypassing login port atm right ? CS guy said it same for whole country!.

the login page is bypassed for the whole country no need to login enjoy the muftas as there is no calculation of your usage :)

today is my billing date and got negative balance of 1600 but still enjoying :)

^ they have blocked facebook again , WTH :(

^FB opening at my end.

^ its giving me that PTA error .... :(