Wateen Speed Problem!

I recently heard a rumour that wateen is screwed big time. They are planing to call it off as they suffered great losses. They are planing to recover as much as they cn to minimize damages. So instead of 1:5 contention ratio, they are delivering 1:32 contention ration. Thats why most of its customers are facing speed issue. I am getting a DL speed of less the 10kbps during day. Can you believe that.

I hope they don't pull out though. Wi-Tribe will be left to monopolize the Wireless Broadband/WiMax market until we have 3G. EvDO is just too darn expensive and crappy (WC/PTCL).

yeah there is something wrong wih them. i had availed the service 5 days ago and i m getting speeds of ptcl vwireless. i m thinking to return it and get the money back as they stated in their new ad. hope they will return the money.

Wireless internet in Pakistan sucks big time,I was having Wateen and believe me it was giving me the download speed of 4-5KB/sec whole year,i emailed them ,i called their helpline their response was always sir our field engineer will be visiting your place and that field engineer didn't know except taking hose coordinates with that little machine.The engineer used to tell me sir sab drama ha lol.Wateen won't learn ,they know how to loot customers.Forgive them man,they are short of bandwidth :D ..wait i got a proof of pathetic speeds of wateen which is saved in my PC's harddisk.Check this out ,it was my Wateen connection 9 months ago.

http://i38.tinypic.com/j5jqx0.jpg

Wateen shame on you !

^oh man.... you still have the screen shots of those days.... or found on any lost post :D

but yes that's true, dvbox is the one I saw on WP, had the worst experience with Wateen.

@madskilled

you should take a review of his posts in the "Wateen Wimax" thread. I am sure you will have a decision about sticking with Wateen or leaving it. and it will help you in not wasting your posts writing again as he had written already :)

haha ,I was having this saved my D: drive :D

PTCL rox for me now :D

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I recently heard a rumour that wateen is screwed big time. They are planing to call it off as they suffered great losses. They are planing to recover as much as they cn to minimize damages. So instead of 1:5 contention ratio, they are delivering 1:32 contention ration. Thats why most of its customers are facing speed issue. I am getting a DL speed of less the 10kbps during day. Can you believe that.
[/quote]

I am also facing speed problems from last 5-6 days, with full 5 bar signals I am getting 25-45 kb download speed at 6 pm to 2 am but speed boost up between 140 -160 kb after 3 am till 8 to 9 am, I don’t think they are winding up their business actually it looks like a system problem to me.

140-160KB/s?

Check it again.

Yes I am also facing speed issues in peak times and downloading speed is betweenn 40-60KB/s and in late night + early morning up to 11am its between 110-120KB/s.

yaaarrr ye kya yukki hai ... me too facing problem with the speeeedd i m have 1 mbps connection and they r giving me the speed of 25-45 kbps ... i mean wat the F is this .... aur pichlay 1 month se yehi ho raha hai...

Mashallah im still satisfied with wateen. Getting 120+ speed on normal server downloading and 80+ on rapidshare.

same problem here :( getting 20-25 :(

757534881.png this is my speed test result but actually i am unable to get a speed more then 25kb on torrents

also one more strange thing why ip-details.com showing my location in Lahore.

Please post your situation from 1pm to 1am according to these parameters:

1. At what average speed SP 3 downloading at your end from this microsoft link.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5B33B5A8-5E76-401F-BE08-1E1555D4F3D4&displaylang=en

2. Long Youtube Videos buffering properly?

I am facing problem between 1pm and 1am. Speed is not more than 40-50 that time. Youtube also doesn't buffer properly. Else speed is more then 100KB/s.

same problem here :( getting 20-25 :(

757534881.png this is my speed test result but actually i am unable to get a speed more then 25kb on torrents

also one more strange thing why ip-details.com showing my location in Lahore.

[/quote]

torrent’s case is quite different.Not only it depend on your connection but the health of your chosen torrent.I have two torrents,one downloads at 110 kb+ wwhile the other at 30-40kb.

Also is your port forwarded.If not do consult the customer care.

I'm also having the same issue .DL speed avg 50kbps

franchisee man said that they are working in the core to solve the problem and it may take upto a week

same as Imran's

torrentg.jpg

please check i have enough seeds but cant get a speed more then 25kbps. while I am able to get a decent speed on rapidshare and other downloading sites. my speed test result is

761579873.png

I have changed encrypting to forced but unable to get any result. please guide me what i do now.

There is bandwidth throttling on the Wateen,Iif you use p2p software from 12 pm to 2 am after 2 am you can get high speed on p2p as well

^x2

And it's unfair.

the use of torrents isn't fair either

the use of torrents isn’t fair either
[/quote]

If you talking about piracy,then let me tell you,not all torrents are illegal.If talking about bandwidth hogging,what can I say?

Either way,throttling speed for p2p is not a viable solution,in my opinion

Any idea when is WATEEN expanding their cable dsl.Currently its in LAHORE DHA.