WAteen dsl working on pc but not on laptop .HELP!

My friend just had this problem,she said that all the three dsl lights are on,but her net is not working on her laptop even though when connected to pc is working .Although it was working yesterday or few days back ,actually i think its the worm Conflicker that has infected so many people computer or is there some other reasons ,cause it appears as connected but appearing as 0 bytes sent.

Thanks for your suggestion :)

^ Can you ping to DSL router from the laptop?

^Ur thread say wateen dsl.

So wateen has started its DSL service or you mistakenly wrote DSL instead of their wireless service.

Check the lan settings on the laptop, go to LAN properties and navigate to TCP/IP settings, if it has some specific IP or DNS set them to automatic, also uncheck the proxy settings if any on your browser.

Wateen DSL :o :O :o

Wateen did launched DSL service (along with WiMAX). AFAIK, it was in experimenting stages and has very limited area (few areas in Lahore).

However, I don't know it's current situation and whether it's working or did they shutdown it.

My wild guess is that solemn_soul17 made a mistake by calling Wateen WiMAX as "DSL". I have seen uncountable people who call Wateen WiMAX as "DSL" and dialup as "broadband". :)

Well I wish if they could also jump in DSL. More competition will reduce the monopoly of giants.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Well I wish if they could also jump in DSL. More competition will reduce the monopoly of giants.
[/quote]

Don’t wish for it. It’s prejudice but their service in DSL will be so worse that people might never use internet again. Okay, I am exaggerating :) but taking the track-record in WiMAX, I’ll never try Wateen’s DSL, never ever, not even free.