Wateen and Win 7

Hello everyone.. I am experiencing this strange problem with my wateen connection. It works fine with win xp on my desktop pc.. However when I move to win 7 on my system wateen doesnot work.. all the LEDs are on. Everything's fine, even the telephone number works but I cannot use the internet.

Has anyone faced such a problem? or can help me solve it?

Thanks!

What error network and sharing center showing?

Show some screenshots.

Hello Imran.. According to the network connection center, there is no connection available

What kind of Wateen device you are using? Is it connected with network cable? Is it connected with wifi? Or is it USB device?

I am using Windows 7 is my most of computers and Wateen works without doing any (it works out-of-the-box, meaning without setting anything).

Please also explain did you changed anything when you moved you from XP to 7?

Did you installed 7 in the same computer in which XP was installed? Or did you bought a new computer? Is the old XP computer still working in LAN/Wifi? How many computers you have with Wateen's device?

Any other information you can think relevant will be more helpful to figure out what's wrong with your setup.

I think it may be showing unidentified network.

Open network and sharing center.

Change adapter settings.

Right click on local area connection and go to its properties.

Click on Configure.

Click on link and speed of your network card.

Change the speed and duplex.

Moreover on TCP/IPv4

Obtain Ip Address automatically

Obtain DNS Server Address automatically.

I also faced that problem it worked fine with my PC Win 7 but did not connected on my laptop win7.

I don't think it's Wateen's problem. It's more like you have to setup your Windows 7. Have you setup your internet connection (Wateen) as your "Home" connection. It doesn't matter whether it's Wateen or any other ISP. You have to put your internet connection in either "Home", "Office/Workplace" or "Public places". "Home" or private network works best as it allow many softwares to communicate over internet. Whereas, "Public" networks works best when you are using internet of any other open WiFi or any other public access internet. Please search on google how to setup internet connection on your Windows 7.

tl;dr. It's not Wateen, it's your Windows 7, properly set it up. Or bring your computer with your Wateen device to your local computer market and ask anyone to setup the settings for you and pay Rs. 200 to Rs. 500 or as they demand.

are u getting IP from Wateen Device ???

I face similar problem on my cousin PC and found that problem was due to the some Bonjour service. Disable all auto start services and check.

[quote=“shiraz, post:8, topic:16063”]

are u getting IP from Wateen Device ???

I face similar problem on my cousin PC and found that problem was due to the some Bonjour service. Disable all auto start services and check.

[/quote]

Bonjour service is the protocol to communicate between Macs. Does your cousin has Mac, or an iPhone or an iPod?

[quote=“wampyr, post:9, topic:16063”]

Bonjour service is the protocol to communicate between Macs. Does your cousin has Mac, or an iPhone or an iPod?

[/quote]

Yes he has Ipod, Im talking about that service.