Watching Youtube Videos with Edge

Hows your Experiance with youtube videos on edge or Gprs.are there hicups and wat bout watching them on 512 kbps

pls tell

can't watch them on gprs but can do on edge (with "hiccoughs"). on 512, well i havn't had the first hand experience but i read somewhere on this forum that streaming on 512 is good.

why does it sometimes say video no longer available

most commonly the reason is youtube banning the video for one reason or the other.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

why does it sometimes say video no longer available
[/quote]

I use both Mirconet Boradband 512 KB DSL connection and Zong GPRS/EDGE. Youtube video loads pretty well on 512KB without any problem. But on Zong GPRS/EDGE Youtube video doesn’t play well. Sometimes I get the video no longer availabe issues on EDGE whereas same video load well on 512KB DSL connection.

can’t watch them on gprs but can do on edge (with “hiccoughs”). on 512, well i havn’t had the first hand experience but i read somewhere on this forum that streaming on 512 is good.
[/quote]

With 512K…A good one…Yes… No problem…

Yes it streams perfect on 512k connection.

I am using ZoNG EDGE on PC through usb mobile modem and YouTube streaming shows pauses. If you see pauses then simply press "PAUSE" button and wait till video loaded completely (or major part has loaded) then play it.

See this screenshot of YouTube streaming video using ZoNG EDGE connection:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/usman100/ScreenShots/modem14i.gif

Wireless connections are very much dependent on your area location (how close are you from cell tower). My area location is Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi.

hey guyz if u are using window xp , and internet via edge or broadband then try it and enjoy higher speed

This is for broad band connections and edge. I didnt try it on dial up but might work for dial up.

make sure your logged on as actually "Administrator". do not log on with any account that just has administrator privileges.

start - run - type gpedit.msc

expand the "local computer policy" branch

expand the "administrative templates" branch

expand the "network branch"

Highlight the "QoS Packet Scheduler" in left window

in right window double click the "limit reservable bandwidth" setting

on setting tab check the "enabled" item

where it says "Bandwidth limit %" change it to read 0

Effect is immediate on some systems, some need to re-boot. This is more of a "counter what XP does" thing. In other words, programs can request up to 20% of the bandwidth be reserved for them, even with QoS disabled, this is no big deal and most programs do not request it. So, although QOS has caused a big stink because people think it reserves 20% of their bandwidth, you can still disable it, just to be sure, hehe.

i also tested with ufone edge via n73.

Hows your Experiance with youtube videos on edge or Gprs.are there hicups and wat bout watching them on 512 kbps
[/quote]

Youtube mobile runs fine…

hey guyz if u are using window xp , and internet via edge or broadband then try it and enjoy higher speed

This is for broad band connections and edge. I didnt try it on dial up but might work for dial up.

make sure your logged on as actually “Administrator”. do not log on with any account that just has administrator privileges.

start - run - type gpedit.msc

expand the “local computer policy” branch

expand the “administrative templates” branch

expand the “network branch”

Highlight the “QoS Packet Scheduler” in left window

in right window double click the “limit reservable bandwidth” setting

on setting tab check the “enabled” item

where it says “Bandwidth limit %” change it to read 0

Effect is immediate on some systems, some need to re-boot. This is more of a “counter what XP does” thing. In other words, programs can request up to 20% of the bandwidth be reserved for them, even with QoS disabled, this is no big deal and most programs do not request it. So, although QOS has caused a big stink because people think it reserves 20% of their bandwidth, you can still disable it, just to be sure, hehe.

i also tested with ufone edge via n73.

[/quote]

Does not have much effect. Tried it.