Wat is the usual frequency of DSL light blinking in PTCL Broadband?

Wat is the usual frequency of DSL light blinking in PTCL Broadband, Synchronizing problems with the PTCL servers?? I am having problems!!! My DSL light blinks 3-4 times every hour!! How am i supposed to solve it??

I have not had any disconnection in last 8 days ( System Uptime 198 hours 28 minutes).

Check your copper [telephone] wire, if it is in good condition then upgrade to fiber optic.

Are u using PTCL or some other DSL service?? 8 days-no disconnection, that is too surprising!!!!

And how am i supposed to lodge a request for fiber optics cable??

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

’]I have not had any disconnection in last 8 days ( System Uptime 198 hours 28 minutes).

Check your copper [telephone] wire, if it is in good condition then upgrade to fiber optic.

[/quote]

Wow. How can we request for fibre optic?

I am using PTCL. Fiber Optic has few disadvantages:

1) In some areas batteries are of inferior quality (both your telephone and DSL might not work during load-shedding hours). Ask DSL officer at your exchange whether batteries in your area are in good condition or not.

2) You will be assigned a new telephone number. If this is a major problem for you, you can request new fiber optic telephone connection.

3) You will not be able to switch to any other DSL provider.

You can request an upgrade by submitting an application to your telephone exchange.