Warid's Wireless Broadband USB

warid today gave ad in news papers about it "Wireless Broadband USB " to be available from warid's service centers.

its basically usb gprs/edge modem bundled with warid's gprs/edge enabled sim

cost(from warid's site) = Starter pack (USB Modem + SIM) price is Rs. 11,000 + tax with one month free unlimited Internet trial

thats expensive for usb gprs/edge modem.. person could either use his gprs/edge mobile as modem,or could buy a seprate gprs/edge modem from market.. sonyericson's gprs/edge modem cost Rs 6~7000

semd300.JPG

awesome news. which newspaper had this ad? any city names mentioned?

this is the link: http://www.waridtel.com/corporate/wireless_broadband/index.php

they cant include gprs in broadband! thats cheating!

its going to be their simple gprs/edge which already sucks big time (atleast in lhr)

you can always buy a GSM card and a SIM with unlimited GPRS in 500/month.

dude if watten sux so will warid's edge......

for a second i felt so excited as i misread the price tag as 1100 Rs (USB edge/gprs device) ....

hm,...11000??? .... why not go for a good edge-enabled phone for that much.... it'll have a camera nd so much other stuff....

gprs/edge is boradband???? than it is same service provide other companies and all companies gprs/edge really very bad.

These companies came Pakistan to loot Pakistan not to serve and they are cheating by using words.

We must condemn thier activites and let other know thier tactics.

USB modem available in market at cost around 5,000 to 6,000 Rupees and you all know what cost of sim and per month service can get from mobile companies.

they promoting it as broadband and they didn't even mention the speed of it....

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

they promoting it as broadband and they didn’t even mention the speed of it…
[/quote]

If they had mentioned the speed then they could not promote it as broadband (just like worldcall’s broadband 64kbps), this way they can call it whatever they want

Trying to fool around,seriously they should be charged heavily.

So now Warid is giving 27.5KBps. Which makes me wonder if my Mobile is limiting its speed, as its only EDGE class 10 which supports maximum of 236Kbps (29KBps).Which will suck big time.

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1574

[/quote]

In another thread Asad-Ahmed claim that warid providing 27.5KBps, is this true? If it is than warid claim may partially ture.

@mfa6464

exactly! now all we need is confirmation from bunch of people. still i wonder warid people would have said (if this was the case) something like "broadband at 250 KBps" i visited their site and nothing.

would not be it good speed 25KB using moible phone, specially for those who dont need to download lot?

wireless is a #$%# don't go for it always trust wire

wireless is a #$%# don’t go for it always trust wire
[/quote]

it depends! if you are saying that looking at wateen think again!

in wateens case it is wireless deployed badly

wireless is a #$%# don’t go for it always trust wire
[/quote]

If you mean trust wire or ptcl than ptcl little batter than wateen subject to lineman happy.

hey its not their fault that internet is slow coz PTA just started issuing 3G licences,so maybe in sometime now we can have even faster internet and wireless isnt that bad,its just that we didnt make it right, and 27.5KBps is a good speed for EDGE,236.8/8=29.6, even with gprs if maximum is 6KBps it doesnt go above 5.5KBps, with vptcl it says 230.4, it would go maximum 17KBps even though 230.4/8=28.8KBps. Even with dial-up or broadband you don't usually get the full speed, its always a bit slower.

Yeah but still many wireless not providing such speed. I mean many not all.

gotta agree with mfa6464. its not just the matter of speed, its about the price too. guys having 512 connection are getting torrent speed in between 50-60 and over 60 at straight http downloads for just 1200Rs. wireless connection having this sort of download speed will cost way too much. not to mention the download cap they put on their connections.

but you can't overlook the fact that wireless technology is the modern technology and mobility is everywhere in this day and age i mean many people who don't have access to wires are using wireless technology, but again if you really wanna performance you gotta stick with wire

it depends! if you are saying that looking at wateen think again!

in wateens case it is wireless deployed badly

[/quote]

I am a wateen user/victim… Their is a hell lot of confusion about their billing,but as far their service is concerned,believe it or not,its improving…