Warid Wireless Broadband

Wireless Broadband is state of the art EDGE / GPRS supported modem which can be plugged in USB port available in Laptop / PC for high speed wireless network access. You can enjoy wireless connectivity from your home, office, outdoor sites and so on.

In the service area of the EDGE/GPRS/GSM network, you can wirelessly surf the Internet, send/receive messages and emails.

With the high speed, reliable performance, and easy operation of the Wireless Broadband, you can enjoy much more in experiencing the wireless network.

Charges:

Starter pack (USB Modem + SIM) price is Rs. 11,000 + tax with one month free unlimited Internet trial

so much cheap rates

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

so much cheap rates
[/quote]

I agree with u …

so much cheap rates
[/quote]

i think this is the initial cost.they haven’t mentioned the cost of data transfer.

Is there any edge or wireless network out there that has a unlimited usage plan. Rs. 15 / mb is insane when you're using it with a laptop.

This offer is only free/unlimted for the first month.

Is there any edge or wireless network out there that has a unlimited usage plan. Rs. 15 / mb is insane when you’re using it with a laptop.

[/quote]

what about zong per hour package?

Is there any edge or wireless network out there that has a unlimited usage plan. Rs. 15 / mb is insane when you’re using it with a laptop.

[/quote]

I don’t know the monthly price of this package, but it should be same as a postpaid sim with GPRS/EDGE infinity package activated on it. So considering that their minumum postpaid plan is 250 now, You’ll have to pay Rs ~1000/month for this package after the first month. And the data remains unlimited.

Almost all the other mobile operators have some sort of GPRS unlimited package, which is also an EDGE unlimited package of course wherever the service is available. Warid just gave it a different name for publicity and for explaining and attracting business community (and maybe some general public).

So considering that their minumum postpaid plan is 250 now, You’ll have to pay Rs ~1000/month for this package after the first month. And the data remains unlimited.
[/quote]

Not bad, thanks. I’ll look into it.

I don’t know the monthly price of this package, but it same as a postpaid sim with GPRS/EDGE infinity package activated on it. So considering that their minumum postpaid plan is 250 now, You’ll have to pay Rs ~1000/month for this package after the first month. And the data remains unlimited.

Almost all the other mobile operators have some sort of GPRS unlimited package, which is also an EDGE unlimited package of course wherever the service is available. Warid just gave it a different name for publicity and for explaining and attracting business community (and maybe some general public).

[/quote]

this sim not a 250 line rent sim

this sim is a data sim only u can send messages and enjoy the gprs this sim not support a call line rent of this sim only 650 per month for unlimited gprs/edge

more info call to warid help line 321

^ Thanks for clearing up. I wasn't sure about the details of this package as I mentioned, so I wrote the worst case scenario prices. I called their help line to check for details, but the guy was speaking so fast that I didn't understand anything when he told the monthly rates after the first month :D . But he did mention that it faster than Infinity Package I am using, which either means that its faster just because the device they'll be giving is Class 12 and/or they are giving some priority to those data connections.

[/quote]

Warid charges 500rs+taxes/month(about 650rs) for unlimited internet which i am using. I think that they will alow their wireless broadband for unlimited internet. Mobilink also has an unlimited plan of 500rs+taxes/month. Zong has unlimited internet for 400rs+taxes/month but i read it was slow. Ufone im not sure but ive heard that it has the unlimited plan for around 750rs inlcuding taxes. All these networks have EDGE in major cities.

Can you hook up your cellphone to your laptop with the data cable and use the internet or will you have to buy the edge card ?

Can you hook up your cellphone to your laptop with the data cable and use the internet or will you have to buy the edge card ?
[/quote]

yes you can connect your cellphone with laptop via data cable or bluetooth and use internet. This subject already discussed in this foroum and have some settings there.

[/quote]

For the package mentioned in the topic, you HAVE to buy their USB EDGE card. If you are opting out for a normal Postapid connection with EDGE package activated, then you can of course use your Cellphone to use EDGE. But remember that your mobile set might limit your speed. You can check your mobile’s GPRS and EDGE class/speed on gsmarena.com

My set has these specs.. What kind of d/l speeds should I be able to get ?

GPRS Class 32

HSCSD Yes

EDGE Class 32

3G HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps

WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11b/g, VoIP over WLAN

^ You will get EDGE close to 296Kbps (If the operator is giving this much). Warid most of the time gives me close to my phones maximum (226/232Kbps) on EDGE (normal postpaid connection) but as a member posted the email reply from Warid that their broadband package (and their EDGE network) uses 4 timeslots to give maximum speed of 384Kbps, so I would like to assume that at those times if I had a class 32 phone I would get close to 280Kbps. Sometimes I have to move my mobile a few inches to a new place to get the full speed if it drops too much, but it might be because of my overuse of mobile on EDGE/GPRS and/or a little bit E.M interference near mobile caused by power cable of monitor.

I can't say anything about other operators as in my very little test of other EDGE speeds, Ufone came on top with 112Kbps. But the best suggestion I can give is to test most of them with pre-paid connections at different times (with different websites). You are in Lahore so I assume you will have EDGE coverage of all the operators.

Real bad thing is that i can not buy the sim only... i have to spend 11,000 rupees to get this data-sim.

i do not need usb device...i will use my mobile use as modem to use internet connected to Pc via bluetooth.

I talked to warid CSR call centre, they say you have to get the whole deal of 11K rupees... so it is far expensive for me.

^ Then just get a postpaid Sim with EDGE Package activated on it. It will cost you a little bit more per month, but you will also have the option to call from the SIM. But first check which operators EDGE gives you maximum speed in your area, as not all of them are provinding EDGE in ever city yet.

^ Then just get a postpaid Sim with EDGE Package activated on it. It will cost you a little bit more per month, but you will also have the option to call from the SIM. But first check which operators EDGE gives you maximum speed in your area, as not all of them are provinding EDGE in ever city yet.
[/quote]

what is the cost of warid’s postpaid EDGE package?