Warid Winner Scam

I won 5 lakh ruppees today! :lol: :lol:

Some shmuck called me saying congratulations and I had won 5 Lakh ruppees. Asked for my address and NIC and to call him back on his cell phone which was 0322-6508320. (Lol, you're giving me 5 lakh but you want me to call you back you cheap shitz) :lol: I thought the whole thing was hilarious and wouldn't give it to him. He's like do you want me to call you from our office number, I'm like fine. The number he called me from was 088888888888. Fit.

What he didn't know was I was talking to the warid people on my other line confirming this was all a scam. I can't be that lucky can I ? :lol:

What I don't understand is why would he want my address and NIC only ? And what number cloaking software was he using that the number was displayed as 08888888888 ??

he could be using some voip software like voipwise or webcall or any other which usually displays either Private Number or something like u mentioned.

but yeah same question come in my mind too why would he want u to give ur NIC and address.

he was a telemarketer!

Its comon

i won 4 lakh 60k rupes last week

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

he was a telemarketer!
[/quote]

how u know that ???/

what will he do with it???

i have been to call centres calling to other countries using VOIP phones and telling that you won won so and so give us your details and we come to give your price or come to collect then they interview you when you go there!

this has started in pakistan too!

:lol: … You were lucky that you didn’t fell for it :lol: . And yes that number was probably due a VOIP call.

what if they are implementing a improved version of that telemarketing in pakistan i.e kidnapping the person if he falls for it

i also won 10 lakh a few weeks back. some dude called me all the way over from sakkhar via a PTCL line (the 200rs, unlimited national calls were newly announced those days).

same, he asked me call him back on his number. I dunno how he was benefitting from my calling back.

I won a plot in Islamabad the same way. Heh, we're a bunch of lucky folk aren't we!?

They wanted Rs.5000 for the informational brochure and then an advance payment of maybe 1 lakh. Too bad the scheme they were allotting it in didn't exist!

I think there is some scam coming around that uses NIC numbers. Last month here we had this shop that was handing over cheap wall clocks to anyone who would give them a copy of their NIC.

Congrats Abbas :):lol:

Hey guys letme tel u about one of a cheapest scam in pakistan and unfortunatey my friend lost 2500 in it

http://earnwithgoogle.Info

and read the testimonials rofl

umer saleem: the guy is a big !@#$%^& as he has looted many innocent noobs around pakistan

and many people around on !@#$ forums tel stories about his mother and sis due to his frauds

i reported google but no attention

Congrats Abbas :):lol:
[/quote]

We all seem to be a lucky bunch! :lol: On another note, this just goes to show you that our country is full of con artists.

Another take on the NIC thing is. They take your address and your NIC number. They have someone working in a bank with access to Nadra records. They input your NIC and all your current bank balances pop up. They come to give you the ‘prize’ next day and you invite them in. They hold you up at gunpoint and ask you to run quickly to your bank and take out all your balance, which they know.

#$%# man, big brother is going to get us all screwed over.

[/quote]

And this “Big Brother” is who exactly?

I won 5 lakh ruppees today! :lol: :lol:

Some shmuck called me saying congratulations and I had won 5 Lakh ruppees. Asked for my address and NIC and to call him back on his cell phone which was 0322-6508320. (Lol, you’re giving me 5 lakh but you want me to call you back you cheap shitz) :lol: I thought the whole thing was hilarious and wouldn’t give it to him. He’s like do you want me to call you from our office number, I’m like fine. The number he called me from was 088888888888. Fit.

What he didn’t know was I was talking to the warid people on my other line confirming this was all a scam. I can’t be that lucky can I ? :lol:

What I don’t understand is why would he want my address and NIC only ? And what number cloaking software was he using that the number was displayed as 08888888888 ??

[/quote]

I won a few million euros in spain 2-3 years back. The company was rich enough to gift me millions of euros,but stupid enough to print the logos using old power point. Many people I know got the letter in my city…Some fell for it…I think they eventually asked them to open a bank account…I personally don’t know anyone who lost money on that… May be no one admitted…I do know someone who faxed them ids and stuff…His friend told me about it and I told him its a SCAM!!

We all seem to be a lucky bunch! :lol: On another note, this just goes to show you that our country is full of con artists.

Another take on the NIC thing is. They take your address and your NIC number. They have someone working in a bank with access to Nadra records. They input your NIC and all your current bank balances pop up. They come to give you the ‘prize’ next day and you invite them in. They hold you up at gunpoint and ask you to run quickly to your bank and take out all your balance, which they know.

[/quote]

It is possible,but the idea that bank account would pop up with id card number is not very likely… Though the other stuff can be pretty well real…

i've been getting mails frm revolutionist doctors, widowed wives, back transgenders from Nigeria with US $10 million which they want to take out of Nigeria co the present govt. wont let them. I mean how absurd can they be. Don't they know that EDUCATED ppl use internet.

On the NIC thing, they might want it for inter-bank transactions. Its pretty easy once u have the NIC details.

if this biometric system is fully implemented then we should take care of our thumbs. this will generate a new kind of crime