Warid vs Zong 4G LTE - Which one is the best?

As the topic suggests, which company do you think provides the best LTE service in Pakistan?

Personally, I use PTCL DSL as my primary and then Mobilink 3G as my backup internet, I recently got SIMs for both the 4G LTE providers to try them out. Tried both Warid and Zong and for me Zong trumps Warid as it has lower ping rates and provides better upload speeds. What do you guys think?

Zongo is good

Can't say about speeds, but Warid's LTE coverage in Karachi seems to be much superior (As it should be, as their customers can only choose between 2G or 4G). Also, i find their 4G packages to be more appealing, hence I'll recommend them here instead of Zong.

Overall though, both of them are pretty decent at this point considering how short it has been since the launch of 4G in here. Things should only get better from here on...

Considering that Warid is only using 8.8Mhz spectrum compared to 10Mhz by Zong, that in itself is an achivement. Not only did Warid manage to keep its voice network intact, it is continuously improving the LTE speeds and coverage throughout the major cities. I can safely assume that no Telco in Lahore can match the coverage of Warid's LTE network. Pretty much all major areas are in coverage.

Coverage and packages of Warid LTE are impressive. Waiting for their Wingle to launch.

Zong is still superior in terms of device options.

the Company zong has much superior hardware as i personally know about that from their company installations and purchase contracts, however i also have seen warid LTE achieving speeds comparable to high end broadband on many people in lahore..

so far there have been 50k warid LTE activation in february alone, yet no one has complained about speed drops.. they must be doing something good.. FINALLY..!!!

Zong, at least you'll have 3G coverage in more cities whereas Warid is limited to major cities only...

it’s telenor which has most widespread 3G coverage in country not zong

Ohh really?

BTW did you read the question or awain ternaili maari hay?

Sent from my SM-G900FD

[quote=“armada, post:8, topic:21969”]

it's telenor which has most widespread 3G coverage in country not zong

[/quote]

I highly doubt that, they don't even have sufficient 3G coverage in Karachi itself...

If we talk about best 3G nationwide coverage alone, then I'd say it's probably either Ufone or Mobilink in the lead.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:10, topic:21969”]

I highly doubt that, they don't even have sufficient 3G coverage in Karachi itself...

If we talk about best 3G nationwide coverage alone, then I'd say it's probably either Ufone or Mobilink in the lead.

[/quote]

No, actually he's right, Telenor is covering most area all around Pakistan (almost 55+ cities) not talking about Quality which is not bad either if not best....

[quote=“nvd650, post:11, topic:21969”]

No, actually he's right, Telenor is covering most area all around Pakistan (almost 55+ cities) not talking about Quality which is not bad either if not best....

[/quote]

Hmm... If that's correct then i guess they decided to quick-spread around the country first before strengthening their coverage in major cities. Honestly, their 3G coverage in Karachi is the weakest of them all up until this point... I guess it'll take a while before the "H" sign completely replaces the "E" sign on supported phones.

why 3g when you have wifi..:D

just saw that posted :)

Can somebody report warid still using 2G network for calls or they've upgraded to VoLTE?

and if anyone has been using warid's lte on a iphone 5, please let me know. i tried zong lte on it and it wouldint work (got the 4g sim & bundle, updated/restored iphone to latest version, still nothing but 3g)

[quote=“archim3des, post:16, topic:21969”]

and if anyone has been using warid's lte on a iphone 5, please let me know. i tried zong lte on it and it wouldint work (got the 4g sim & bundle, updated/restored iphone to latest version, still nothing but 3g)

[/quote]

The usual murican iPhone 5 don't support Band 3 which is required here, so unless if you have an Asian iPhone 5 variant, you won't be able to use any LTE services in Pakistan.

[quote=“armada, post:15, topic:21969”]

Can somebody report warid still using 2G network for calls or they've upgraded to VoLTE?

[/quote]

no way. warid or any network in pakistan is not so advance to offer VoLTE so basically calls drops to 2G/3G while surfing on LTE for warid and zong.

and also VoLTE service is on trial in some countries and not available at all in most of the countries.

We are going neck to neck it seems.

Just to add more of my experience, I had been speed testing Zong and Warid at different places in Karachi and have noted that ZONG is drastically better than Warid in all the places. Maybe its just me, but I haven't had Warid give a better result than Zong on any of the speed tests.

anyone else having the same experience?