Warid Using GPRS You Can Not Recevie Calls

I activate Warid unlimited GPRS package 5 days ago problem is I connect with GPRS Download files or browsing I can not receive calls I call to help line I send a Mail to Warid but all says using GPRS I can not receive calls I try to Zong GPRS and telenor on Zong and Telenor I using GPRS I can receive calls both operators

any one using warid GPRS and facing this problem or not please help me

try changing ur handset may be ur handset doesnt suport packet data on hold

i m using ufone edge and n70 and i can receive sms and cals while net is on

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

try changing ur handset may be ur handset doesnt suport packet data on hold

i m using ufone edge and n70 and i can receive sms and cals while net is on

[/quote]

yes i change my mobile phone using nokia n82, i-mate jasjam, nokia 5610

but problem not solved

well then wait for asad-ahmad to reply cuz he is using warid unlimited gprs

well then wait for asad-ahmad to reply cuz he is using warid unlimited gprs
[/quote]

yes please help me asad-ahmad

i have been using GPRS smoothly with calls on Ufone... strange problem : - s

It depends on the Priority Set. Call help line and ask them to set HIGH priority of voice calls and low priority to Data Packets. It will resolve the issue

yes when i used to use the free warid halwa on my n73 da problem wid it was my phone goes busy when some one try to call its not wid mobilink or telenor or other network i just face this on warid

Why this happens:

Whichever operator's GPRS you'll use, you'll face this problem. The mobile operators use the network to transmit one thing at a time: GSM or GPRS. If you put your GPRS on downloading, you will not be able to receive calls and SMS. However if you are browsing lightly, some free chunks will be available for calls and SMS to get through during the brief pauses.

use a secondary phone for communication when using GPRS/EDGE.

not many mobile phones can recieve and transmit data/gsm services at the same time.

It depends on the Priority Set. Call help line and ask them to set HIGH priority of voice calls and low priority to Data Packets. It will resolve the issue
[/quote]

i call to help but he say not problem here on system and i insert the sim in Nokia N82 but problem is same I insert the zong Sim and download or browsing i receive calls

To receive calls on your phone when it is connected to EDGE/GPRS and downloading data, your mobile phone must be Class A (or psuedo class A aka Simple Class A in case of nokia N82 which uses DTM) plus the operator you are using should also have DTM enabled. I am not sure if Warid has this feature as my mobile is Class B and I can not receive calls if the EDGE is NOT idle. To solve this I have enable call divering (On busy and unreachable), so the calls get diverted to my prepaid warid number.

It is a Warid issue, before I ported my number to Telenor, I had the same issues with my N9300...no issues on Telenor though. Must be something to do with their backend, because I don't think the handsets are alerted to a call when a GPRS session is in effect.

I activate Warid unlimited GPRS package 5 days ago problem is I connect with GPRS Download files or browsing I can not receive calls I call to help line I send a Mail to Warid but all says using GPRS I can not receive calls I try to Zong GPRS and telenor on Zong and Telenor I using GPRS I can receive calls both operators

any one using warid GPRS and facing this problem or not please help me

[/quote]

Do you mean you are using it with your pc? I used to have the mobilink unlimited package on my SE W810,I used to connect it with my pc and could’t recieve calls when downloading …Same thing with Warid… Sometimes,while browsing, I was able to recieve calls or sms… Not while downloading…

But I never faced that problem while using internet on my cell phone…

It is a Warid issue, before I ported my number to Telenor, I had the same issues with my N9300…no issues on Telenor though. Must be something to do with their backend, because I don’t think the handsets are alerted to a call when a GPRS session is in effect.
[/quote]

This, I don’t think, is only a Warid issue. I experience it on my Ufone GPRS with Sony Ericsson K550.

It is a Warid issue, before I ported my number to Telenor, I had the same issues with my N9300…no issues on Telenor though. Must be something to do with their backend, because I don’t think the handsets are alerted to a call when a GPRS session is in effect.
[/quote]

yes i use zong and telenor no problem work fine both on mobile phone and connect with pc its a warid problem

Do you mean you are using it with your pc? I used to have the mobilink unlimited package on my SE W810,I used to connect it with my pc and could’t recieve calls when downloading …Same thing with Warid… Sometimes,while browsing, I was able to recieve calls or sms… Not while downloading…

But I never faced that problem while using internet on my cell phone…

[/quote]

I use GPRS on PC and mobile phone

problem is same on both i can not receive calls

To receive calls on your phone when it is connected to EDGE/GPRS and downloading data, your mobile phone must be Class A (or psuedo class A aka Simple Class A in case of nokia N82 which uses DTM) plus the operator you are using should also have DTM enabled. I am not sure if Warid has this feature as my mobile is Class B and I can not receive calls if the EDGE is NOT idle. To solve this I have enable call divering (On busy and unreachable), so the calls get diverted to my prepaid warid number.
[/quote]

I used Nokia N82 , Nokia 5610 LG KG195

but problem not solved

pocketpda , problem is not solved caz you're trying something like "eating and drinking at the same time", which is not possible until you mix both things up and try doing each of the two at a slower speed.

at times, if you're 'just connected' and not downloading something heaving (i.e. most of your bandwidth' is unused, you might get some sms messages.

btw, when i'm connected via my phone through edge, i often get push email messages instantly on my phone while i'm connected to the d internet from my pc through it.

, just to make your agony a lil bearable for you, no matter which set you try, its not going to work.

/EOS

pocketpda , problem is not solved caz you’re trying something like “eating and drinking at the same time”, which is not possible until you mix both things up and try doing each of the two at a slower speed.

at times, if you’re ‘just connected’ and not downloading something heaving (i.e. most of your bandwidth’ is unused, you might get some sms messages.

btw, when i’m connected via my phone through edge, i often get push email messages instantly on my phone while i’m connected to the d internet from my pc through it.

, just to make your agony a lil bearable for you, no matter which set you try, its not going to work.

/EOS

[/quote]

but mir AbbasJin i try telenor EDGE download speed 18kbs per sec i receive calls but on warid GPRS downloading Speed 4 to 6kb i not receive calls

this problem is a warid network problem