Guess What Just Happened At

Warid After Launching EGDE

They Put a Limit of 2 GB

On Infinity GPRS

============================

GPRS Infinity for Postpaid:

Line Rent Rs. 500,

ree Units: 2GB,

Charges after Free Units: 20 Paisa per MB.

Extra deposit of Rs 1000 required.

(Taxes apply)

============================

I Got No SMS / Update

& All of My Deposit Was Sucked

I Just Asked the CALL CENTRE

To Define The Word

INFINITY

@nd He Said

Sir Do U Know 2GB Is = 2000 MB

& We Reserve The Right To Change Packages Without Any Notice

Plz Complain To Franchise & call Center

OR Close Your Connections

So They May Know What Is Consumer POWER

http://www.waridtel.com/corporate/enterprise_gprs.php

I recommend logging in to PTA website and filling the complaint form.

Does Any One Know That

Is Jazz OR Telenor Or Ufone OR ZONG

Is Unlimited OrThey Has Same Policy

Telenor on postpay has Unlimited 2GB GPRS/EDGE.

Jazz doesnot has any unlimited but Postpay Indigo has Unlimited.

Ufone on postpay has unlimited.

Zong on both has Unlimited.

[i have already posted these in the other topic in Internet forum btw]

Thanks for sharing this. I just confirmed from help line that they indeed changed this package :@ . I download 2 GB in 2 days or so, so I am really angry. Will have to look for alternative now.

I called again, and confirmed that this also applied to their so called Broadband USB. I also asked him to register and send my feedback to complain department, that I know many people who use this service, and as this is totally unfair, and no other mobile company has this limit (I guess it doesn't), if they don't change it back, they will loose many customers.

Though I don't think it will make much difference, as the number of users who use this package is comparably small. I am going to re-test Telenor, Ufone, and Zong again in my area, and get that one if it doesn't change back.

Someone Please Tell these **cking companies to stop using words like infinity and unlimited for their capped packages

btw Don't make duplicate threads

Infinity hahahahah Broz There are No ConsumerRights In Pakistan.These Companies can do whatever They want.WE should Sue Them :P

they have the right to do this, and i mean an official right. so there's nothing you can or PTA can do about it

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Someone Please Tell these **cking companies to stop using words like infinity and unlimited for their capped packages

btw Don’t make duplicate threads

[/quote]

I guess the word “Infinity” was not meant for bandwidth, it was for billing ;) ( they can bill you infinitely that is why @Basit147’s deposit got sucked )

Its so lame BY GOD,these mobile and internet companies in our beloved country are so lame.

I guess the word “Infinity” was not meant for bandwidth, it was for billing ;) ( they can bill you infinitely that is why @Basit147’s deposit got sucked )

[/quote]

You have got a point there :D

I just called Ufone help line, and asked about their unlimited data package, and the guy said that they don't have any such package? Did they cancel the Umail one, or changed some restrictions too?

I tested Zong also, but it is not even showing GPRS/EDGE coverage right now.

This sucks, I might have to think about Worldcall Wireless, which two years ago when I tested (their LG set) used to hang my windows.

this really su*ks big time :(

I recommend logging in to PTA website and filling the complaint form.
[/quote]

Well,they have a right to change the package. You can complain if they did’t inform you and automatically converted you to that package.

You can port out to mobilink and enjoy their GPRS/EDGE, I don’t think they have a limit. Or Ufone,you can check with their helpline or website…

www.mobilinkgsm.com

www.ufone.com

^ Mobilink does not have EDGE coverage where I am living in lahore yet, and their GPRS is crawling at 1.5KBps, classic!.

Zong doesn't even have GPRS coverage, and their CS guys are so dumb and stubborn that instead of forwarding that there is something wrong with the BTS or network, they keep saying its handset or settings related.

Ufone was giving nice speed of around 20+KBps, but their CS guy said that they don't have any unlimited data package, and the Umail is for email, and you are charged for what you use??????

This is a nightmare for me, as my Warid bill can get to maximum limit in a few days. Was thinking of getting a Worldcall connection and testing, but seeing all these 4 "dummy" sims wasted, I don't want to waste a lot more on Worldcall just to test :@

Bros is the Zong Gprs Connecting Problem in your areas Toooooo

hey guys how're you all?

well guys i just wanted to know that is warid providing unlimited gprs on PRE PAID connections or not ???

pls do reply me my email is naimat40222@gmail.com

i'm expecting a positive response guys...take care..

Allah Hafiz..

^^^No Ther arenT

Sucks Big Time