IP Address (Gateway, DNS, Proxy Server): 10.4.2.1

APN: "wap.warid" (Postpaid and Prepaid)

Username/Password: Blank

MMS settings:

Server URL: "http://10.4.0.132/servlets/MMS"

APN: "mms.warid"

IP: 10.4.2.1

Username/Password: Blank

Asad-Ahmad, now that all our threads and hence knowledge database is wiped out, i guess we are gonna have to fill this place up with useful info once again. i asked a similar question on Telenor's new thread, so here's one for you.

How much are you paying for the unlimited GPRS? how much do they charge for converting a prepaid connection postpaid?

For unlimited GPRS and Warid Mobile Email, it's 750/- (plus tax) on a postpaid connection. (They offer first month free of charges as introductory offer, which is valid to date).

Have no idea about conversion to postpaid.

well according to my info if someone is using zoom/zoom unlimited then he cant get their unlimited GPRS package :(

I have changed the thread title to reflect the content of the thread; GPRS and EDGE connectivity from Warid.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

well according to my info if someone is using zoom/zoom unlimited then he cant get their unlimited GPRS package :(
[/quote]

Yes, that is their policy, which makes no sense to me however.

Asad-Ahmad, now that all our threads and hence knowledge database is wiped out, i guess we are gonna have to fill this place up with useful info once again. i asked a similar question on Telenor’s new thread, so here’s one for you.

How much are you paying for the unlimited GPRS? how much do they charge for converting a prepaid connection postpaid?

[/quote]

I have GPRS Infinity package on Zahi 150 (Rs 150 line rent). If I don’t make any calls other than the free minutes, I get around RS 830-850.

Details of other GPRS packages by Warid are below:

GPRS 120 Package (or GPRS A Package):

10MB Monthly data transfer - Rs 120+Tax Monthly (25%) and after data limit, Rs 10+Tax per MB data trasnfer

GPRS 200 Package (or GPRS B Package):

20MB Montlhy Data transfer - Rs 200+Tax Monthly (25%) and after data limit, Rs 8+Tax per MB data transfer

GPRS 240 Package (or GPRS C Package):

30MB Monthly Data transfer - Rs 240+Tax Monthly (25%) and after data limit, Rs 6+Tax per MB data transfer

GPRS Infinity package:

Unlimited Data Transfer, Rs 500+Tax Monthly (25%) .

For conversion from Prepaid to Postpaid, you just need to deposit the “Security Deposit” of postpaid package you are getting, which is Rs 1000 for Nationwide Zahi 150. Once you convert to postpaid, you cannot go back to prepaid connection.

can anyone tell me what avg speed do we get on this GPRS infinity be it on zahi 150 or zahi4000

2. what avg browsing and download speed we get if we use this package on our desktop computer .and same if we use it on EDGE class 10 handset

Hello, if you search in google "Free GPRS Tricks" then alots of pages will come. Can anyone confirm the trick of Free GPRS Trick of Warid.

When did Warid introduce EDGE?

While I was using Warid their GPRS was solid, but customer service was beyond reprehensible (system down, system slow, concerned department etc...). I have since moved on to Telenor, but this is still quite intriguing.

When did Warid introduce EDGE?

While I was using Warid their GPRS was solid, but customer service was beyond reprehensible (system down, system slow, concerned department etc…). I have since moved on to Telenor, but this is still quite intriguing.

[/quote]

Yes i agree with that.

can anyone tell me what avg speed do we get on this GPRS infinity be it on zahi 150 or zahi4000

2. what avg browsing and download speed we get if we use this package on our desktop computer .and same if we use it on EDGE class 10 handset

[/quote]

1 & 2: On desktop computer, I am getting 5.4KBps download speed in Lahore (Islampura-Krishan Nagar area). I used to get 4.8KBps in F-8 Islamabad. Downloading speed on mobile is the same as is on the PC. I have firewall Installed, but that doesn’t affect downloading speed in my experience.

Browsing might be a little bit slow compared to a wired dial-up connection which gives the same downloading speed. The more connections Browsers needs to make to different websites, the longer the loading time compared to wired connection.

I just did a test: www.howstuffworks.com opened in 1:50.4 in Firefox 3 Beta 3, and 1:59.5 in Opera. (the website’s homepage is dynamic though, so it’ll load differently at different times).

Warid’s Edge service is working in some parts of Lahore, but I don’t know the downloading speed on that.

If you plan on using it on your computer, or any other GPRS connection, I’ll suggest you to use a Firewall. You’ll get plenty of attacks on random ports on your computer (Mostly NetBIOS)

thank you Asad-Ahmed bro .. i appreciate ur input .

5 6kb download is of no use if i hav to pay 7 800 per month for internet other then my regular dialup and vptcl .

can anyone tell coverage areas of warid edge in lhr , one i know is punjab university my friend is thr , any where else ?

I have been using Waird Unlimited GPRS since last year

emm the speed is consistent but very slow as compare to Telenor and Mobilink and the EDGE converage is poor, infact very poor if you are looking for the EDGE network go for Telenor or Mobilink

^Post 7:

Tax should be 27%. Actually its 10% GST + 15% CED which amounts to around 27%

I've been using Warid Unlimited since few months and speed is good,but in the evening time everyday 6:00 to 8:00pm speed sucks and the other thing is that no Edge coverage in mostly areas of Gujranwala specially in my area.

try zong edge in gujranwala...

it is good

no edge of mobilink in Gujranwala

try zong edge in gujranwala…

it is good

[/quote]

Thats what im thinking about to convert my number to Zong,so Zong GPRS/EDGE service is good in Gujranwala ?