Warid Going 3G?

Right now warid signals are totally down in Lahore.

And 3G notification is being displayed every now and then and disappearing after a while on my Cell.

So is warid doing some upgradtion or what?

No info in news papers....

so what can i say if u see 3G promotion by them.

well they r not providing EDGE in whole coverage area so what about 3G

I didn't have any signal problem today, but as with EDGE, if they are testing something, they'll start with areas like DHA and Gulberg, so can't say. But it is unlikely that they are going to go to 3g soon.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Right now warid signals are totally down in Lahore.

And 3G notification is being displayed every now and then and disappearing after a while on my Cell.

So is warid doing some upgradtion or what?

[/quote]

what if its a network congestion? :confused:

couldn’t you come up with a better theory?

what if its a network congestion? :confused:

couldn’t you come up with a better theory?

[/quote]

Nah no theory or nothing i juss posted what happened. There were no signals at all for about 5 mins or so and the network icon on my N70 was turning to 3G but there were no signals. Yeah it could be network congestion! But it did happen!

Nah no theory or nothing i juss posted what happened. There were no signals at all for about 5 mins or so and the network icon on my N70 was turning to 3G but there were no signals. Yeah it could be network congestion! But it did happen!

[/quote]

ah sorry i didnt saw that you mentioned 3g sign was shown!

sorry for my ignorance!

well let me clearify this.

nokia 3G fones has 3 modes for networks, dual mode, wcdma and gsm, by default dual mode is selected so in this mode fone first searches for normal gsm signals when it finds it register the sim to the network and fone started to recieve signals,

on the other side if fone unable to find normal gsm signals it started to look for 3G signal and shows the 3G icons so if it finds 3G signals it register the sim and fone started to recieve signals other wise it keep searching for signals if it dont find any signals it reverts back to normal gsm and the loop goes on until signals being received.

in ur case fone was unable to find normal gsm signals due to bad weather so it started to search for 3G signal thats why it show 3G sign but due to not available signal it doesnot show any signals and only show the 3G sign

so nothing to worry it is normal we will be seeing 3G in future and when this future is i dont know.

nokia 3G fones has 3 modes for networks, dual mode, wcdma and gsm, by default dual mode is selected so in this mode fone first searches for normal gsm signals when it finds it register the sim to the network and fone started to recieve signals,

on the other side if fone unable to find normal gsm signals it started to look for 3G signal and shows the 3G icons so if it finds 3G signals it register the sim and fone started to recieve signals other wise it keep searching for signals if it dont find any signals it reverts back to normal gsm and the loop goes on until signals being received.

in ur case fone was unable to find normal gsm signals due to bad weather so it started to search for 3G signal thats why it show 3G sign but due to not available signal it doesnot show any signals and only show the 3G sign

so nothing to worry it is normal we will be seeing 3G in future and when this future is i dont know.

[/quote]

I agree

I think some of you may be interested.

I was speaking to my cousin (who manages a Warid Franchise in Lahore) and she (yes, she) said that Warid's testing 3G signals (I've seen this blackout too... in Daman-e-Koh, Islamabad area).

But again, no one is officially allowed to launch 3G services till the govt. gives the green signal. But that's the reason why you're seeing 3G signals on Warid connections.

Not sure whether other operators are doing the same or not... but I'm telling you what I was told. It could be wrong, it could be right.

LOL! You guys actually think that some operator(s) is/are testing 3G when no licenses have yet been issued? :lol:

3G capable phones first search for 2/2.5G signals. If they aren't found, then they switch to searching for 3G signals. That is why you see 3G displayed on your cell phone. There aren't any 3G signals but the cell phone still searches for it (in the absence of 2/2.5G signal).

So I finally called help line to ask if they indeed were testing 3G. Either I couldn't convey my question properly, or she was telling someting which I wasn't understanding, but after many re-confirmations, she said they are testing 3G (Though I still have doubts). I know for sure that there Engineers in Lahore have been using and testing EDGE at least two years back, so you never know. I have a relative who works in Ericsson (which handles all Warid network and stuff), I could confirm from him, but at the moment I am out of contact with him. But even if they are testing it in some towers, don't expect any word on it until at least a year or so.

When I last checked the PTA hadnt issued any 3G licenses!?

you have to wait over million years to get 3G in your country LOL

[/quote]

he is right

you have to wait over million years to get 3G in your country LOL
[/quote]

3G is coming in six months . I bet !!!