Warid find friend location

Today i saw advertisement of warid new value add function which is find friend location

u can find any warid number location through single sms.

i tried it but it doest now work

some1 else tried it out ?

good service if it works!

pro pakistani post:

http://www.propakistani.com/2008/07/20/find-out-your-friends-loaction-with-warid-zem/

good blog!

As I mentioned in another post, I called them toady about this service, they are working on something related to this so its not available at the moment

does it provide friend location or any hotel, place, hospita, city info?\

i mean it is bad if some one can know where i am now.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

does it provide friend location or any hotel, place, hospita, city info?<p>i mean it is bad if some one can know where i am now.
[/quote]

did you read fine text? it states that user consent is needed

USER A will sms warid and warid will sms user b and if user B agrees and allows then warid will sms back the location to USER A.. now why not USER A directly sms USER B and ask his location..

Charges:

For each request of finding Friend’s Location, Rs.3 + tax will be charged. On successfully receiving the requested location of place, Rs.3 + tax will be deducted from your account.

Total Price: 3 + 3 = Rs. 6 per location (Excluding Taxes)

USER A will sms warid and warid will sms user b and if user B agrees and allows then warid will sms back the location to USER A… now why not USER A directly sms USER B and ask his location…

Charges:

For each request of finding Friend’s Location, Rs.3 + tax will be charged. On successfully receiving the requested location of place, Rs.3 + tax will be deducted from your account.

Total Price: 3 + 3 = Rs. 6 per location (Excluding Taxes)

[/quote]

exactly. A “where r u” sms be more effective and economical

when i first saw the ad it mentioned no charges so i assumed it was free but if its more expensive then a simple sms then this is just useless

I read a column by a British journalist a few months ago, where

he took his gf's mobile and surreptitiously gave 'permission' for

her to be tracked on his phone. He said he tracked her (or is it

stalked her ?) for a week and was astonished that he could do

so easily, with the tech at hand.

If implemented here, this could spell bad news for desi fraudiyas. ;)

Sheikh 'Big Brother' Chilli

When ita starts working again, the "find category" service (Banks, Atms and restaurants etc) will be useful to me at times. The one and only useful feature of find friend feature I can think of, is that you go to a different city at night or early morning, and you can't find your destination, then you can send your location to the friend/relative you are going to so they can come to you. I don't know what their "Warid Maps" feature is, but if they are indeed maps, that'd be great.

this is just pure money making crap. cant you just call and ask? cant you just sms for 0.6rs and ask?

the biggest downside you need permission!

but how can user B refuse if user A is his father.

and user B don't want to tell exect position.

so it is dangerous service

the whole transaction takes 4 sms.

1. User A Sms to 141

2. 141 send SMS to User B

3. User grant Permission again by SMS (free? )

4. 141 informs the User A

is no. 3 charged or not ?

so everytime you want to track the person permission is needed? or is it like you grant someone permission once then he can track you any time?

so everytime you want to track the person permission is needed? or is it like you grant someone permission once then he can track you any time?
[/quote]

I am guessing yes, permission might be needed every time, and I think (optionally) the person will be notified as well that his/her location has been told to person A. I 'll check it as soon as it’ll start working though.

is no. 3 charged or not ?
[/quote]

The CS guys said that the only Person A (Who is asking for location) will be charged (Rs 3 per sms), so I am guessing if No.3 is charged, it’ll be on person A. So it should take Rs 6 for the whole procedure, though I am not sure yet.

i think i will invade ppls privacy.... what if you dont want ppl to know where you are.. :P or who you are with.. than this service will screw you over big time.. haha

I tried it out and it cost Rs.4.

It sends a message to the person being located asking that '{this} number wants to know your location, would you like to allow them? Y for yes, N for no and O for this time only'.

When you say O, it sends a message back to the person tracking saying one-time permission has been granted. I presume Y means always allow this number to track - I don't know if it notifies the person in this case, but that would be better

how the location is defined in final sms?

I tried it out and it cost Rs.4.

It sends a message to the person being located asking that ‘{this} number wants to know your location, would you like to allow them? Y for yes, N for no and O for this time only’.

When you say O, it sends a message back to the person tracking saying one-time permission has been granted. I presume Y means always allow this number to track - I don’t know if it notifies the person in this case, but that would be better

[/quote]

It is working here as well. I just tried it and as you said, total of three messages are received by the person who is asking for permission (1. Please wait while … 2.User ___ gave one time permission 3.Location of friend is near …), and two by the person whose location is asked (1. Do you allow user … 2.your location was asked by_ 22.07.2008 …). I live in Islampura/Krishan Nagar, so I got “Location of friend +92321… is near Islampura (Krishan Nagar), Lahore. Distance of about 0 km.” .

I also checked for location of Banks, and it gave me like : “Standard Chartered < 1Km, HBL < 1Km etc” Not very useful, though it said Bank Alfalah to be within 1km, which if true will be useful for me as I have to go 8km away for it.

So until they start sending maps or something, this isn’t very useful IMO.