Warid Edge?

Is warid offering edge officially as i have noticed the E sign with my Mobile's signal bar ? Or i am late to notice that?

i think u r first

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Is warid offering edge officially as i have noticed the E sign with my Mobile’s signal bar ? Or i am late to notice that?
[/quote]

they are in the testing phase

i think u r first
[/quote]

no he isn’t many people on telecom grid pakistan also noticed it

In which area are u living?

i have checked in Aabpara iam not getting any EDGE signals!

they are in the testing phase

[/quote]

they are in testing phase since their service started

u know they wana satisfy each other by the testing thats y they are still testing :P

Yup warid's edge is in testing phase..as my cousin is in warid and he told me that it will launch soon..

In which area are u living?

i have checked in Aabpara iam not getting any EDGE signals!

[/quote]

I am in westridge III

Warid is still testing their edge services on limited scale... like I am in Lahore and only Gulberg and DHA area has edge.. but its dayem fast... better than telenor I must say

Fast in terms of what?

Measure the average throughout and post it here.

Aslam oalaikum

Well guys i ve got ABout 20kB/s here in faisalabad jhang road area its an average downloading speed i used infinty GPRS package n downloads 100MB data in 85 minutes

Wa salam

Aslam oalaikum

Well guys i ve got ABout 20kB/s here in faisalabad jhang road area its an average downloading speed i used infinty GPRS package n downloads 100MB data in 85 minutes

Wa salam

[/quote]

Great Speeds but is it constant?

I get an average about 15KB/s and it varies from 12-18KB/s

the speed are good but cant judge them until they fully deploy it

But no so much good. VFONE provide the same

But no so much good. VFONE provide the same
[/quote]

Vfone is WLL so there is no comparison btw the two

and vfone does not have much good reviews

Yes but post ZONG EDGE's speed here

a bit update i have just checked with my warid no iam recieving warid's EDGE signals in Aabpara ISB. havenot checked the speed yet.

Vfone is WLL so there is no comparison btw the two

and vfone does not have much good reviews

[/quote]

Actually, as far as I know, WLL is actually based on CDMA (1X?) which is the North American equivalent to GSM in terms of mobile network standards (think Verizon, Sprint etc…). It is directly comparable to GSM Edge in terms of data capacity, although now that the GSM Group has rewritten edge specifications, edge is going to be much faster.

Actually, as far as I know, WLL is actually based on CDMA (1X?) which is the North American equivalent to GSM in terms of mobile network standards (think Verizon, Sprint etc…). It is directly comparable to GSM Edge in terms of data capacity, although now that the GSM Group has rewritten edge specifications, edge is going to be much faster.

[/quote]

ok good enough but what about the service quality of vfone?