Wanted to buy 2 mb connection In wateen wimax

Hi

ASSALAM-O-ALIKUM

Every one please help me if you are knowing about wateen 2mb connection n charges and please gve me the write person number who will give the connection of wateen 2mb in karachi please help me somebody i wanna use 2mb link of wateen.

There is no such thing as 2mb Wimax in Pakistan, max they offer is 1MB.

^Brother in business tariff they are showing of 2mb link in wateen.net what about this??

they're offering it on hfc

@djayz Brother What is HFC??

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^Brother in business tariff they are showing of 2mb link in wateen.net what about this??
[/quote]

There business tariff might be bandwidth limited.

hfc is hybrid fiber coaxial

its available in DHA area Lahore only for the time being and may be in the future they might show up in the rest of pk

max bandwidth there is 4 Mb

and about the corporate packages you can email them at customerservice@wateen.com

There is no such package. You should go for DSL or EvDO.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hi

ASSALAM-O-ALIKUM

Every one please help me if you are knowing about wateen 2mb connection n charges and please gve me the write person number who will give the connection of wateen 2mb in karachi please help me somebody i wanna use 2mb link of wateen.

[/quote]

You should better check out Wateen.com for their packages and latest updates. But i would suggest you not to use such an expensive services.

what is overall performance of wateen in karachi ?

Using from last one year ^ Pretty satisfied with the connection but they need to introduce the new packages ?

I heard the technology wateen using is old so we will never get anything more then 1MB ? Is that true ?

Im wondering why no wimax operator has anything more than 1MB, and wateen tariff structure is ages old

They don't listen anymore.

I called them and answer was:

WiMAX CPE does not support more than 1mbps right now. Maybe in future with arrival of different CPE.

IIRC, for few weeks in 2010, Wateen login system was down and I was getting unclocked speed. I measured it, it was average at 1.6Mbit to 1.75Mbit. But 1.6Mbit was consistant speed. Trust me it was a lot faster than my usual 1Mbit. There were reports that some people got near/closer to 2Mbit speed in Karachi.

As of my experience, it may be true that Wateen may not be able to give 2Mbit but even 50% increase (1.5Mbit) is a lot more than current 1Mbit.

Wateen should consider to launch new package of 1.5Mbit at reasonble price (Rs. 1800 or Rs. 2000 per month).